PPT mouthpieces

Will They Have Any (Southampton FC)

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Players Left??

Seeing how Southampton FC are selling all there main players. It does make you wonder if there will be any left for the new season. Also I wonder if @Pete Thomas (sorry) is going to become a Liverpool fan:rofl:
It is odd to sell all your better players though, the odd one but not the whole team:confused:

Chris..

Don't upset Pete anymore, he's got enough to contend with his house falling down.

Mind you property will probably be cheaper in Liverpool >:)

Jx

There was a debate on talksport last night about the crisis happening at Southampton a lot of the talk and rumours was that the owner(s) are selling the assets of the club before they actually put the club itself up for sale, this way they get £40/50mill+ for the players and the £150mill + for the club.
Shame after what the club has been through over the last 5/6 yrs, especially after the way they have performed in the prem.

Mind you property will probably be cheaper in Liverpool >:)
Jx
Much much cheaper but that said we do have rather expensive houses...crazy prices.

We're not only taking players but ships too >:)
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-wins-battle-southampton-over-6802984

We're not worried. Southampton have always been good at selling and especially good at scouting talent, buying in players and training them up. Or bringing them up through the academy.

Arguably they sold Bale a bit too soon.

Last edited:
Don't upset Pete anymore, he's got enough to contend with his house falling down.

Houses and football teams can be rebuilt. One thing we know is that our house will end up better than it ever was.

As for becoming a Liverpool fan, it won't happen. We've probably had the best of Lambert anyway, he'll no doubt get trundled out occasionally for the last 25 minutes, but otherwise he'll at least enjoy sitting on the bench chatting about old times and better weather with his chum Lallana.

Last edited:
I'm slightly more concerned than Pete.
Not about the ability to rebuild........ but as to
A) Why so many players do not see their future at Southampton
B) Why players are allowed to leave and tear right through the heart of the team when there are long contracts are ahead of them just because their agents tell them to throw a hissy fit to get their own way.
C) What will happen with the new signings if we manage top 8 next year (can't see it...just sayin')

2 men had a vision and a plan, Marcus Liebherr (RIP) and Nicola Cortese.
But the unwelcome yet inevitable interference fron the heir, Katrina made Cortese scurry off and with that it seems trust and belief just evaporated despite the club publicising its ambition.

Lambert has largely gained the good wishes of fans but no where near the same sentiment for the others,
Particularly Loveren.
Some good business has been done in reality but you cannot unpick all the seems without it falling apart so its a big Job for Koeman.

There are of course many rumours in the area about reasons that contributed to a mass exodus so at best the conflicting views about ambition is interesting.

I must say though its disappointing to hear any professional player talk of a lack of ambition when results are down to those on the field and positive results outweigh management talk of ambition.
May be they should look deeper with in them selves if ambition is the driver.
I suspect sitting on a bench and lapping up the glory on mega bucks is much closer to the mark.

I'll watch this space so to speak.

Trev, I think your point 'B' really needs to be addressed as it happens to every club at some time. If a player has a contract then they should be tied to it unless the club says otherwise. Throwing someone in the reserves and knocking off a big % of there pay might help. But If I remember even 'Fergie' tried and failed on that one??
Seems it's the only type of contract that doesn't mean anything>:)

Chris..

Absolutely....
It's a big problem and been around for a while now huh?

Keep an eye on Tadic.

Note that Rickie Lambert (Southampton's goal machine) had an unblemished 100% penalty score record while at Southampton (scored 34 out of 34)

What happened when he took his first penalty for Liverpool eh?

Well, after yesterday it's looking a bit more optimistic.

We went into that expecting to lose by something like 4 - 0 at least.

Equalising and going into half time 1 -1 was something totally unexpected. Plus the goal in itself was 1st class when you like at tadic's assist (didn'T I say to watch out for him?)

Yes, Liverpool were sweating, we made them work.

It's also easy enough to say we were unulcky, and given the near misses the outcome could have easily been 4 - 1 to Saints - e.g. hitting the crossbar and bouncing 2 inches the wrong side of line!

So there is work to be done. It was obvious that some of the new players weren't yet used to knowing where each were supposed to be. That can only get better. Pellè has yet to prove his worth, but J Rodriguez will be back from injury in a couple of months and we will be a force to be reckoned with.

We came out of that match 2 -1 down, but with heads held very high after giving Liverpool a real scare and showing we can still play Premier league football and be a force to be reckoned with.

Come on you reds!

I thought the saints played well and believe me i was more than happy to have 3pts in the bag.
It's good to get the first game out the way and put 3pts on the board regardless of how we played, which wasn't great at all.
Southampton are a decent side even with the players you've lost you shouldn't be thinking 4-0 defeat as that is errr defeatist !!
You will stay up by a huge margin imho as for the mighty reds we will again surprise the pundits again ( not being tipped by majority) to make top 4
We shall see..

Come on you Mighty reds ;)

Ps it couldn't have ended 4-1 as we scored 2 :p

even with the players you've lost you shouldn't be thinking 4-0 defeat as that is errr defeatist !!

Much easier to agree with you now but who'd have imagined such a close call with the names that went?
They were considered the very essence of our success by most.
In Lovren you have a great centre back but if he impresses Chelsea or Real Madrid.... he'll drop Liverpool like a stone.
In Lallana you have skill and desire. Not world class but should develop having set his mind to playing in a set up with Liverpools history.
In Lambert you have a great man with a scouse passion as close as you'll get to Gerrard from the three.
But I'll sit on the fence because of the stage of his career. That said, no doubt he'll get you points.

For us, it's early days and we will grow in stature I'm sure but everyone is finding their feet right now in every team so how did we do really?
No one really knows why so many saw their future away from St Marys but Lambert gave the biggest indication in his pre match interview I thought, pointing at the team appointed by Katherina Liebherr.

Still Koeman is no mug and he really needs to work on Schniderlin's future who's a better asset than Lallana and Lambert. If he can do that we stand a chance.

Still Koeman is no mug and he really needs to work on Schniderlin's future who's a better asset than Lallana and Lambert. If he can do that we stand a chance.

I think Schneiderlin will be gone, but I have a lot of faith in Tadic, as mentioned (every bit as good as Lallana). Lambert is becoming history, great, but getting on a bit.

Yes Tadic seems more naturally gifted and fluid than Lallana (thanks Youtube). If he digs in when it gets tough I think we can forget Adam.
So roll on Florin Gardos.....lets forget about Lovren :)

Back
Top Bottom