support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Recipes Wild Garlic!!!!!

TomMapfumo

Locality
Skabertawe, South Wales
The new crop has just appeared in Clyne Gardens down by yer in Swansea. I'll shortly be trying my Cream of Wild Garlic, Celery and Cucumber soup. Joy to the World - the welcome return of Westo Sauce (Wild Garlic, Dry Roasted Peanuts, Strong Cheddar, Lemon, Olive Oil, Black Pepper prepared as a normal Pesto).

Kind regards
Tom :thumb:

Aint't fair, we'v still got snow and your wild garlic is out.

Gordon Bennett, is it that time of year already. Not ready up here yet, but I'll be trying the sea bass with wilted wild garlic asap.

Too cold yet for wild garlic (ransoms?) in Peeblesshire

I've transplanted some seedlings to the wood next door so I'm hoping for bigger crops in future years

I too use ransoms to make pesto but I also use lovage leaves as we have several plants. I'm not tempted by dry roast peanuts for crunch (who knows what KP glue to the nuts) instead I use walnuts and or pumpkin seeds, but the overall principle is clearly the same: greens, garlic, cheese, crunch, seasoning, delicious

I want some! Tom's pesto posto made me salivate like a reed moistener.

now I know I'm about to appear really stupid....but do you use the leaves of the garlic for your soup - the green bits from above the ground, not digging up the bulbs?

I spent 5 hours yesterday sorting out my strawberry beds and planting garlic...not to be eaten in the same dish however.

leaves, and don't over-pick, then the bulbs continue to grow/thrive.

NO chance of anything green sprouting just yet.....too c-c-c-cold

same here, but I've got crocuses and snowdrops. Daffs and tulips are trying, but it'll be a while yet.

Already spring here in northern Italy
And on Saturday I'm headed to Quarna di sotto
To give myself a big present

You're making me really envious!

That was exactly my purpose :)
But in little more than two weeks I'll be headed to cold Germany: my wife comes from Schwarzwald and we're going to visit grandma.
Probably the new big silver baby will be with me and you can come and try it

Probably the new big silver baby will be with me and you can come and try it

Just a little advice: since you are going all the way to Quarna Di Sotto, Try any baritone available, regardless of finish.

Back to salivating about wild garlic pesto. Maybe I should go to Wales and try it....

Just a little advice: since you are going all the way to Quarna Di Sotto, Try any baritone available, regardless of finish.

Sure I will do. Unfortunately I can only afford a used one, and the only available one is silver.
I was in Quarna in the past and tried the bare brass too, which I relly liked, but I was blowing in a bari only for 2-3 months so maybe now I can judge with some more wiseness.

Oh I do like the sound of the soup and the Westo/pesto - I haven't seen any wild garlic 'round these parts. There used to be loads in Nidderdale when we lived there.

Yes there is Sue but they are in the freezer for the foreseeable future.
It's still beautiful up here though.
And we've got hills!! Why did you go to the yellerbellies?

Back
Top Bottom