support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Why so many MkVIs in the Shetlands?

:confused:

This sounds like another beautiful instrument, well worth the trip to go and secure it...

;}

Go for it !! Keep the Grassi for a Tenor, the Elky-300 for the Sop, the Buffet-400 as a workaday gigging Alto and dump all the Junk and get yourself THE Classic Alto

Go for it !! Keep the Grassi for a Tenor, the Elky-300 for the Sop, the Buffet-400 as a workaday gigging Alto and dump all the Junk and get yourself THE Classic Alto

Did you actually read the ad?

:-J

No but just have . looks like an ad for a Sofa .....

...beginning to think my SDA might be enough of a Classic Alto for me for the time being.....

Last edited by a moderator:
the Shetland police must be fed up with irate ebayers who've been ripped off with yet another scam...

David, don't touch it with a barge pole kidda, its a scam, I once replied to an add on craigslist for a beautiful MK 6 that was supposedly in London and said id be right down with the cash, only to be told that it was actually in the Shetland islands, send your your cash and well send it to you. just walk away...

David, don't touch it with a barge pole kidda, its a scam, I once replied to an add on craigslist for a beautiful MK 6 that was supposedly in London and said id be right down with the cash, only to be told that it was actually in the Shetland islands, send your your cash and well send it to you. just walk away...

Same here re: a Silversonic. Walk away from the Shetland scam.

I take it that the Shetlands is the Gumtree equivalent of Nigera on E-Bay :( ...

Maybe call their bluff, just for the craic (as they say in Ireland - and probably the Shetlands) and tell them you're coming to Lerwick on business and could you inspect it if it's available next week?

Yes, it was kind of a tongue in cheek thread about yet another MkVI that doesn't exist.

Oh, and how about this one....

"Selmer (Paris) Professional Tenor Saxophone 54S, We offers best online retailing and wholesale of musical instrument such as Keyboards,Piano,Guitar,Digital Mixers and more. With our experience, we are very focused on the needs of our customers and provide excellent quality products to our customers. elecctmusic********** elecctmusic************ Skype I.D: elecctmusic SAXOPHONE PRICE LIST: Selmer (Paris) Professional Tenor Saxophone 54S........€1050.00 EUR Selmer (Paris) Professional Tenor Saxophone 64P........€900.00 EUR Selmer Paris Model 74 Reference 54 Tenor Saxophone.....€1400.00 EUR Selmer Paris 72 Reference 54 Alto Sax.................€1200.00 EUR Selmer Paris Super Action 80 Series II Model 52 Alto Sax....€1020.00 EUR Selmer (Paris) Flamingo Limited Reference Tenor Saxophone....€1400.00 EUR Selmer Reference 54 Flamingo Standard Alto.......€1250.00 EUR Selmer Reference 54 Flamingo Limited Alto........€1150.00 EUR Selmer Reference 54 Hummingbird Standard Alto.....€1350.00 EUR Selmer Reference 54 Hummingbird Limited Alto......€1250.00 EUR Selmer Firebird Reference 54 Alto.........€1750.00 EUR Selmer (Paris) Reference 54 Alto Saxophone...........€1050.00 EUR Selmer (Paris) Reference 54 Tenor Saxophone..........€1150.00 EUR Selmer (Paris) Professional Tenor Saxophone 54M......€880.00 EUR Selmer Paris 53 Series III Soprano Saxophone.........€900.00 EUR Selmer (Paris) Soprano Saxophone 53A.................€1400.00 EUR Selmer Professional Baritone Saxophone 55AFB.........€1600.00 EUR Selmer Paris Super Action 80 Series II Baritone Sax.........€1600.00 EUR Selmer Paris Series III Baritone Sax.........€1700.00 EUR Selmer Super 80 Series III 66AF Baritone Sax.........€2000.00 EUR Selmer Paris 51BL Black Soprano Saxophone ...........€1000.00 EUR Selmer \'La Vie\' Tenor Saxophone - TS250..............€750.00 EUR Selmer (Paris) Kookaburra Collector Series Tenor Saxophone.....€1400.00 EUR Selmer Kookaburra Standard Alto saxophone.......€1300.00 EUR Selmer Kookaburra Limited Alto saxophone........€1200.00 EUR Yamaha Tenor Saxophone YTS475...................€780.00 EUR Yamaha YAS82Z Custom Alto Saxophone.............€860.00 EUR Yamaha YTS-82Z Custom Z Tenor Saxophone.........€900.00 EUR Yamaha Alto Saxophone YAS475....................€780.00 EUR Yamaha YTS-875EX Custom Tenor Saxophone.........€1050.00 EUR Yamaha YAS-875EX Alto Saxophone.................€1000.00 EUR Yamaha YSS675 Soprano Saxophone.................€930.00 EUR Yamaha YTS-875EX Custom Tenor Saxophone.........€1050.00 EUR Yamaha Custom Alto Saxophone YAS875EXB..........€950.00 EUR, £1,050.00, London, 07834591862."

Why bother to go to all that trouble when it's obvious it can't be true!!??

Yes, it was kind of a tongue in cheek thread about yet another MkVI that doesn't exist.

Maybe not. I enquired and asked if it was possible to inspect it and got this reply (nothing more).

[FONT=&amp]I am in Scalloway , let me know exactly when you wanna come

[/FONT]
P.s. One small point - I (mistakenly) enquired about a Selmer mark IV. This was not corrected. This could be a "stretch" of the deductive powers, even for Sherlock Holmes and may mean nothing at all. [FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe not. I enquired and asked if it was possible to inspect it and got this reply (nothing more).

[FONT=&amp]I am in Scalloway , let me know exactly when you wanna come

[/FONT]
P.s. One small point - I (mistakenly) enquired about a Selmer mark IV. This was not corrected. This could be a "stretch" of the deductive powers, even for Sherlock Holmes and may mean nothing at all. [FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
Ah... so the gloss unpainted large engraving, eh?

David you reckon you're good at bargaining, offer them a pony.

Just got the following email from Gumtree (see my posts above for context).

[FONT=&quot]You replied to the ad "Selmer Mark VI saxophone (Ad ref 1039224897)" on Monday 18/11. It has been flagged/reported that the user who posted that ad may be involved in suspicious activity and/or in breaching the Gumtree Terms of Use. We are investigating this matter, but want you to be safe in the meantime. If you are still in contact with the user, we recommend that you consider the advice below: [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]If you have not shared any personal information with this user, you don't need to do anything. Your email address is protected by Gumtree and they won't be able to contact you.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]If you have sent any personal information to this user, like your bank details or date of birth, you could be at risk. Follow our safety advice.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]If you have sent an item or money to this user please contact us on safety@gumtree.com[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Gumtree Team

[/FONT]

Here's a reply from a seller of a £350 YTS-62 (ad now removed):

"Hi again

Sorry ,I've forgotten to send you serial #
see attached pictures.

I am located in Plymouth.

Total price will be £350 + £20 (shipping) = £370

We will complete the deal only using an authorized third party like Google Wallet, and this way you don't buy something unseen.
You will need to send the payment to Google Wallet and they will secure the money until you receive and check the sax.Will take two days until the sax gets to your home address.You will have one day for inspection from the moment the sax arrives at your address.If the sax is not as I have described ,Google Wallet will refund your payment and the sax is returned on my own cost,but I'm sure that will not be the case. I think its a safe and fair deal for both of us.

If that's alright with you I'll need your full name, address and your time frame when someone's home, can book a specific time slot if it helps.I will forward your info to Google Wallet and they will contact shortly.

Paula"

:))):)))

I saw that £350 YTS-62 and promptly ignored it.. the ad had way too much info for someone selling on an item they know nothing about, they knew it was a Pro horn so knew it was worth far more than £350 - someone non musical flogging grandad's Buescher TH&C for £150 is one thing (this wonderful classic hardly has MkVI notoriety) but even the dimmest wit would know a 62 is worth more than £350 - heck its the clueless ones who think chewed Yam recorders and scruffy 90s Pacificas are worth proper money because they have Yamaha on them .

Here's one I didn't ignore...

£60 YAS-275.jpg

The seller here must have been THE dimmest wit? YAS-275 with S80 C* MP, both in almost perfect nick.

But I agree entirely about the "Professional" bit with the YTS-62. This was her first email to me, (chortle):

"Hi
Sorry for late reply but I am a single mother and the kids can be high maintenance :)
This a Yamaha YTS 62 professional class sax, including its padded hard case.good condition with no obvious "dings", just some minor scratches on the back caused by belt buckles.
See attached pictures.My ex-husband owned the sax for few years.
Where are you based?
Regards
Paula"

Not bad, but note the lower case "g" in "good", and no spaces after the full stops. Tsk, tsk....

Still, you never know....

;}

Back
Top Bottom