PPT mouthpieces

Why Sax Players Should Never Dance

The internet is a very strange place. This silly video is about to hit 10,000 views! :oops:

You say that like it's a bad thing. :rofl:

Not the frolicking part. I love that.

Was it Kraftwerk that made a point of portraying emotional detachment from their performances? I recall something like that - and my response to it was “Well, if you don’t care about your music, why should I?”

’Tis good to see you enjoying the moment.

Carry on!

Question is what will your next dance be ?

God help it if your playing “I’ll fly for you” :happydance::banana:

Not the frolicking part. I love that.

Was it Kraftwerk that made a point of portraying emotional detachment from their performances? I recall something like that - and my response to it was “Well, if you don’t care about your music, why should I?”

’Tis good to see you enjoying the moment.

Carry on!
I don't know if Kraftwerk portrayed emotional detachment from their performance but when I went to see them I fell asleep.

Question is what will your next dance be ?

Perhaps I should take dance lessons so I can break out a new routine for each show. :rofl:

God help it if your playing “I’ll fly for you” :happydance::banana:

Someone knows their Spandau Ballet. I do dance during that one these days, although not quite as energetically as it's not that sort of song. There is a video of us playing I'll Fly. It's from our first proper gig but I'm very subdued in it as I dropped both my horns on the way into the theatre (wet floor + Sketchers with worn soles = walking on ice) and I spent the entire night fighting them to play in tune (2nd bar on the first alto solo split a reed - it couldn't have gone worse really). It was probably the hardest show I've ever played.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXEBsGKA2UQ

The internet is a very strange place. This silly video is about to hit 10,000 views! :oops:
Congrats! You deserve it! It must be so great being on stage, I'd love to do what you're doing (minus the musical mishaps!) but I'm not a pro...maybe one day.

@Veggie Dave For sure-I was trying to get a band together 10+ years ago with me on keyboards, then I almost joined one but it fell through. I'm so jealous every time I see a saxophonist on stage, wish it was me!

Looks like you've got a good group there-talented for sure! Have to say I love tribute bands!

Have to say I love tribute bands!

That's good because if you're not a jazz player then this is most likely where you'll find bands to play with. Join all the 'musicians wanted' type groups on FB. Eventually something will come along. There's also sites like BandMix.co.uk

Go for it! :sax:

Back
Top Bottom