support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

why i'm here

zootsaxenberger

Locality
kent
i am growing ever increasingly dismayed at what appears to be a growing desire to covet information of all kinds between musicians in my area.
let me explain, i began playing some forty years ago and when i started it was much easier to "get out there" and play, all you had to do was to go along to one of the many pubs and clubs, engage the band members in conversation and then you would generally be invited up to sit in.
if you did ok, you had your foot in the door.from there you could then start to garner other info, where there were bands looking for musicians, good and bad places to play etc.
but also you could talk to other musicians in my case sax players and exchange hints tips,
like we do here at Cafe Saxophone.
that is what i love about being a member of this forum, the free and totally unselfish attitude of everyone here.
if only it was the same in the outside world.

that is what i love about being a member of this forum, the free and totally unselfish attitude of everyone here.
if only it was the same in the outside world.

:welldone:welldone:welldone

........this forum seems to be unique - keep it up!

Fully agree. Big thanks to Pete for starting it and funding it, and a big thanks to the super guys who'Ve helped me so much since I started! Hard to believe it was only a couple of years ago.

Good sites and bad ones too

This is a good topic. I belong to a few forums (is that the correct plural?) and there is only one other I have come accross that works as well as this one does, and that is for guitar. What makes the difference is the dedication of the site founder and his contributions and the fact that he is a pro, and the attention of the moderators to ensure that a thread once started moves along. This makes the site entertaining and from there on it is self sustaining. People will join in. I wish I was able to make more of a contribution, I am net taker at the mo and only have opinion to offer. But I enjoy visiting the caf and am fully appreciative of the expertise that is unselfishly given here. :welldone

This is a good topic. I belong to a few forums (is that the correct plural?) and there is only one other I have come accross that works as well as this one does, and that is for guitar. What makes the difference is the dedication of the site founder and his contributions and the fact that he is a pro, and the attention of the moderators to ensure that a thread once started moves along. This makes the site entertaining and from there on it is self sustaining. People will join in. I wish I was able to make more of a contribution, I am net taker at the mo and only have opinion to offer. But I enjoy visiting the caf and am fully appreciative of the expertise that is unselfishly given here. :welldone

I second that (don't know about the guitar tho lol:))

It's a great little community going on here and long may it continue

Another appreciative newbie

Jx

I couldn't agree more, this forum (the plural being Fories!) is one of the best that I've participated on! I am a member of a few others, from military history to 4X4 and the only one that comes close to this one is Northants 4x4.
I have never felt it necessary to miss trust anyone on this forum, however that doesn't mean I throw caution to the wind. Every now and then we get a rouge member, but they don't remain here for long.
Long may this last.
Thank you Pete, and thank you fellow cafe dwellers!

I'm also a member of a number of forums (fora?) and this one is easily the most friendly and trustworthy. It's the only one where there is none of the sort of sniping you usually see. Members can disagree on something without slagging each other off. Which is nice.

Every now and then we get a rouge member, but they don't remain here for long.

No rouge members here, ooh no missus!

Thanks all for your kind words about the forum and thanks for your support. (I will wear it always).

Seriously, the idea behind the forum was totally selfish.

I used to get emails on the website asking questions, often the same question. I thought it would save me time if the questions went to a public forum, so one answer would hopefully serve many people.

I never expected such a lovely bunch of people, many of whom (apart from the rouge members) could often either give better or thankfully different answers to those questions.

And that, to me is really important. Often there is no "right" answer, I have learnt and changed my mind from other opinions on here and am continuing to do so.

So thanks to you all.

i must agree this seems the only one where their seems to be no agenda and has helped my playing and given me help that i would have struggled to find answers to, so i can say from the heart MANY thanks all who comtribute.
pip

Google gives 3.720.000 uses of fora as a plural and 119.000.000 for forums. So take your pick. But what is the collective noun? I think it is a gabble of forums/fora.

Since when was google an authority on english.... >:)

Fora is correct, but common usage is forums. Same as bacterium/bacteria, but common usage has it wrong in a different way fo bacterium. What really hurts is bacterias...

Being dyselxic, I tend to write prefer froums.

I do prefer forums to fora. Just like I would say museums rather than musea

Museums is correct, it is from greek. Forum is Latin.

I thought I was old but all these Latin experts have been here since Cæsar J. dropped in for a day out in pre Common Era times. >:)

At this point I too must thank Pete for putting up with me, although on occasions there are postings that might even be helpful.

Apologies for being serious.

Totally agree about the forum. Great information, great people.
We could argue over the correct latin or anglicised versions of words, probably ad nauseums :w00t:
YC

Being dyselxic, I tend to write prefer froums.

I do prefer forums to fora. Just like I would say museums rather than musea

Does suffering from dailysex affect your ability to read music?

Museums is correct, it is from greek. Forum is Latin.

I know, I was just testing.

I wonder why we don't say chrysanthema instead of chrysanthemums.

I'll have a word with the florist about that.

What was this thread about ?? Oh yeh i remember now, how good a forum this is :))) thought i was back at school :)))

Just my tuppence worth, this is a very good site with a friendly lot who are willing to share their knowledge to us lesser saxophonists ( I like that word ) :)

I only use 3 forums, (fora) 2 mainly and they have a similar outlook as they want to help the novice as much as they can.

Pleased i stumbled onto this site :) it has helped me a lot and also acts as a motivation when you hear what another beginner is achieving it can spur you on.

Anyhows back to school... Is my grammer ok :)))