Tutorials

Why are there so many baris for sale?

thomsax

For the first time since 1991 I'm unable to go to work. Something wrong with left heel string so I can hardly walk! So I'm sitting here and wondering: Why are there so many baritones for sale? It use to be one or two for sale here in Sweden each month. The last months I have found: Amati low A -70's, Couesnon Monopole (ChrisJ), The Martin Baritone -54, Selmer MK VI low A -56, Selmer low B -56, P.Mauriat PMB 302, Selmer BA -49, Conn 12M -66, Yamaha 61 low A, King Tempo - 60's ....and not only baris there are lots of other saxes and accessories for sale as well. A lot more than it use to be. Look at the link below, even if it's in Swedish.

http://www.blocket.se/hela_sverige/musikutrustning/blasinstrument?ca=23_15&cg=6160&st=s&c=6164&o=1&w=3

A decending interest? I know it hard to fill the places in music schools and concert bands for youths when it comes to windinstruments.

Is it the same in your country?

Thomas

OP
thomsax

thomsax

You are more than welcome!! Maybe I can arrange a "saxophone-exchange" on the next Rocksax workshop in September!! In a town called Kalmar (c 30.000 inhabitants) here in south of Sweden ther're three baris for sale: Conn 12M, P.Mariuat and Selmer MK VI. Maybe they're tired of bari honking in Kalmar?

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Top Bottom