All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Who wants a free song?

Der Wikinger

I am a member of a sheet music service that sells electronic sheet music over the internet that will print out on your printer at home. If you send your email address to me at johnsonlj@att.net, I will forward it to them. They will email you the offer and you will be allowed to download and print the song of your choice. They have thousands of songs from all venues. There is no further obligation whatsoever to them they just want you to try their service. I do get a benefit. When You get a free song I get a free song.

These are not public domain. Normally you pay about $ 5 per song. This is a special offer that they have right now. How people get royalties I don't know.
:welldone

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris98

Hi Larry,

Could you post a link to the website, I'd be interested to see what songs they are offering.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Hi Larry,

Could you post a link to the website, I'd be interested to see what songs they are offering.
But then we go direct, bypass the middle man and he misses out on his free song...

What worries me is sending an email like htis - not to Larry, but will the unnamed free music service then start spamming us?

old git

Tremendous Bore
And as Der says, "How people get royalties, I don't know."

Perhaps you would care to make enquiries, as we should be wary of depriving the composer/lyricist of their rightful income, AKA, stealing.

Chris98

But then we go direct, bypass the middle man and he misses out on his free song...

What worries me is sending an email like htis - not to Larry, but will the unnamed free music service then start spamming us?
Sorry, I wasn't implying that I or anyone else should bypass Larry, I just wanted to see what was available before making a decision.

Looking at MusicNotes.com for example and 'The Pink Panther' this is a digital download and if you scroll down the page it says the publisher is: Alfred Publishing Co., Inc. It even has a synthesized demo which sound quite similar to the midi output from Finale. The only thing is that it appears to be $2.95 for one page, and I could be wrong but I thought the Pink Panther was a bit longer! Maybe Larry's site has a better version.

Der Wikinger

it is musicnotes.com. however, it is an "invite your friends program." you can bypass me and you don't get a free song and neither do I. I don't care for the "Pink Panther" much (just my taste in music) but what they show is not the complete song. If ya pays ya money, ya gets ya song!! Usually about $2 for a lead sheet, $5 for a complete score: piano/vocal or satb/guitar. That's the whole story. I paid the membership fee to their "club" that's why I got the offer. I thought I would be a way for me to get some free songs, and you also would get at least one free song. Spamming in my experience is not their speed. They have too much class for that. you might get 1 advertizement per month.

Chris98

Hello Larry,

Thank you for confirming the website, we are now at liberty to look through the music to see if there is anything to our liking. I would like to repeat that I was not advocating that anyone should bypass your kind offer, and it seems to be one of those rare win-win situations.

At the bottom of the home page there is a list of company logos from known and respected music publishes so I would hazard a guess that all rights and royalties have been properly seen to. Musicnotes would appear therefore to be the distributors of music scores like MusicRoom here in the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:

Der Wikinger

I checked out Musicroom.com. I think, unless I am misunderstanding Musicnotes has more digital downloads. You can select a song or songs and have them in your hand in way less than 5 minutes.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom