All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Who uses RSS feeds for the forum?

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
I'm interested to know who uses this feature and in what way, ie which readers (browser or or dedicated feed readers).

For those who don't know what RSS is, this is should be a good thread to find out and possibly learn about RSS feeds, which can be a useful way to keep up with what's going on at this and various sites.

Also see the thread here:

http://cafesaxophone.com/showthread.php?3118-New-posts-and-email-notifications

Sunray

Feedback from a n00b - lmao [I mean new member] ...

Hi Pete ...

I don't use RSS - mainly because I suffer [like many others I am sure] from Information Overload ... :shocked:

I read the forums here more than once each day and don't miss much of the info that is posted - I have very little to contribute at the moment as I am a rank learner ... [but getting on well and enjoying every moment].

I don't ask too many questions because I do use the search function and can find the answers to most questions easily.

RSS is likely to give me more information on a wide range of Music/Saxophone subjects - but I can only deal with so much - What with Bloggs, New websites of members and those recommended by them, Links the guys post here and the like ... [Although I read SOTW - I find the forums there too big and clumsy - so I just skate over it].

There is just so much information out there ...

I thank you for this smashing website, which "offers so much" to all of us as well as being a cool place to hang out ... I also like your positive attitude to helping the charities and those who need a leg up ... :welldone

The banter here is great - I like the smooth humour ...

Oh! Yep ... I am learning so much from everyone's posts here ... *Thanks All*

PS - I use Firefox and don't see the RSS link on the "New Posts" page ... [Which is my first stop when I log in].

Last edited by a moderator:

half diminished

I can never seem to get RSS to work! I did try. I would have said I was pretty pc/mac literate but RSS defeated me completely. :blush: :ashamed :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

JasonC

I also use Google reader. I have lots of forums, webpages etc I like to keep an eye on and visiting these all separately is painstaking, Google reader just brings all the info to me on one page which is great :) It also works well on my mobile for when I'm out and about.

I find reading forums this way is more helpful to me because I see a glimpse of every single post and I just skip reading it if it doesn't interest me. It is surprising how many posts from different sections of forums do interest me though, of which I would probably never even have a look at if I navigated the forum in the normal way.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
I find reading forums this way is more helpful to me because I see a glimpse of every single post and I just skip reading it if it doesn't interest me. It is surprising how many posts from different sections of forums do interest me though, of which I would probably never even have a look at if I navigated the forum in the normal way.
This is exactly what I use it for. I have the RSS feeds in my mail account, so I get notifications there, but I just started looking at Google Reader, which looks good.

JasonC

The only reason I don't have notifications for every single forum post sent to my email is because I would get distracted while I'm working! with Google reader I can just pop over to it when I get chance. Another good thing about reader is that you can search from there also, so if you subscribe to say 10 sax forums, you can search in reader and it will search through them all in one go :)

old git

Tremendous Bore
The Ford quick range were known as RS. Stood for Rally Sport, so does RSS stand for Rally Super Sport?

As must be obvious, don't use it. Much more amusing to look at the full cups.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

No members online now.
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom