support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Recipes Who cooks in your gaff?

jonf

Locality
Betelgeuse
As per the title - who does the cooking?

I've lived with the lovely Mrs F for nearly 20 years now, and in all that time she's cooked for me once. That was the time I'd just cut the end of my finger off with a kitchen knife, too. Every night, I cook, from scratch, and I do all the festive stuff, Sunday lunches, etc. I even made baby food for the kids when they were little. It's not that the Mrs F can't cook, but she's not that interested, and I like it. It's part of our division of labour - in all that time I doubt I've ironed more than half a dozen shirts.

So, who does the cooking in your house, and why?

Jon

PS

At the time of the fingertip severing incident, MrsF (then actually MissS) was working as a nurse. She'd just finished a shift at St George's Hospital, and she took me back there. Someohow, miraculously (yeah, right, I'd just turned up with a member of staff) I was seen by a doctor in about two minutes and the offending bit was reattached.

PPS

That nearly ended up looking very funny. I inadvertently missed the 'f' from shift. Imagine how that sentence would have read. Good job I checked it.......

Both Sue and I cook but she finds it a chore and I love it. I'm a typical bloke though and make a real mess of the place and she's a typical woman and plays merry hell.
Just making Fish Tagine with lemon and coriander couscous for tonights meal.
Nice bottle of Shiraz afterwards, Sue is watching Casualty (It's about a bloke who lost his finger in a cooking accident aparently)
and I'm doing my accounts. How romantic. I love food, me .... I eat nothing else!

When a similar question was asked at work in amongst the usual idle chat I replied,
"You don't keep a dog and bark yourself".
Strangely only the ladies laughed.

Me (when it gets done at all, that is :shocked:). Only two of us here, and my wife is disabled. She couldn't even lift a knife, let alone slice her finger off wtih it.

When we got married I said I would cook and Dave said he would wash up, he soon bought a dishwasher;}

Jx

Seems I've been doing something wrong all these years as I'm the cook now. When I met my Mr. T - I couldn't boil water without instructions.

Necessity forced me to learn to cook once we moved out of the city to the middle of nowhere - not a restaurant or a Chinese take-out unless you drive an hour.

Only cooking break happened during pregnancy with all 4 children, I couldn't stand the smell of food cooking, so I had a few months off. ;)

Usually I cook. I find it very relaxing.

Mrs KG does almost all of it. She's excellent. I do some different stuff every now and again when she's out. And I make Chilli sauce, jam, marmalade and sloe gin.

Mrs T does it all, i did have a stint at doing stir fry's (easy i know) i do my own porridge every day does that count !

I guess your response was microwaving ready prepared stuff...

Lol no, but I did put him through a phase of raw veggies didn't last long. I like a good home cooked meal too much myself but I do make rather a mess which he is good about clearing up, I also use a lot of utensils.

Jx

Me. Hobson's choice as I live on my own...

However, I do cook quite a bit and I like to entertain when I can.

Family are coming over (any minute). So I've made a lasagne (the only tinned ingredient being tomatoes). So I've made the Bolognese sauce from scratch and the Bechemel. I've made some garlic butter (butter, lemon juice, herbs, pepper, garlic) to make garlic bread. I've made a salad dressing to go with some green salad (lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, touch of English mustard, salt and pepper, olive oil).

As my teenage nephews (16 and 17) are coming over, I've made several square yards of it....

Large glass of wine to go with it...

Everyone comes over to me for Christams etc. Home made Christmas puds etc.

Me. Hobson's choice as I live on my own...

However, I do cook quite a bit and I like to entertain when I can.

Family are coming over (any minute). So I've made a lasagne (the only tinned ingredient being tomatoes). So I've made the Bolognese sauce from scratch and the Bechemel. I've made some garlic butter (butter, lemon juice, herbs, pepper, garlic) to make garlic bread. I've made a salad dressing to go with some green salad (lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, touch of English mustard, salt and pepper, olive oil).

As my teenage nephews (16 and 17) are coming over, I've made several square yards of it....

Large glass of wine to go with it...

Everyone comes over to me for Christams etc. Home made Christmas puds etc.

Sounds perfect.

So I've made a lasagne (the only tinned ingredient being tomatoes). So I've made the Bolognese sauce from scratch and the Bechemel. I've made some garlic butter (butter, lemon juice, herbs, pepper, garlic) to make garlic bread. I've made a salad dressing to go with some green salad (lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, touch of English mustard, salt and pepper, olive oil).

Why I am not surprised?

Back
Top Bottom