Which track do you prefer?

• Track 1

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Track 2

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saxlicker

I think on that particular track the second one feels a better fit to me.
But as critique...sound for sound you may get more milage across styles by working with the 1st one.
:confused:

Gallen

Hi!
Thanks for the reply. I'm was kinda stumped over which to choose (clip one is vandoren 2.5, clip 2 is legere signature 2.25). I do know that either of these is not what I want to sound like - and after much consideration I will stick with the legere basically for consistency reasons - been quite hit and miss with cane. I'll keep on chugging till my teacher tells me to go into mpc gas mode.

Cheers!

Alvin

elcheeposax

Hi Gallen,

Reed selection, always a personal thing, I have found experimenting with differing reed strengths & makes etc. does affect the tone or playability in varying degrees. For me No1 had the edge, a wee bit Paul Desmond but only subjective as you say.

Brian

Gallen

Elcheeposax: I've been experimenting with many reeds, and it's down to this two. Legere for now - mainly for cost reasons :) I'll defo get back to experimenting with cane after I get a bit more time under my belt.

@Taz: No worries! Thanks for taking the time to listen. I was in the same boat till I made the cost-based decision.

Cheers!

Alvin

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom