PA & Amps Which busking PA?

I am sure many of you will remember I was on this quest last year as well and got nowhere because of my traveling and being broke all the time :) This time I come back and I come back strong now I have a job and a house in london now I can buy stuff! heyy
However the question still remains what should I get since there are many options and not that much money since I work at a bar so I cant save that much so fast :)
There seems to be three options
1- Self made battery system with a regular amp( using car batteries and a converter etc)
2- AA type portable amps (such as the roland cube street)
3- portable PA systems with integrated battery

Now I only want the amp to play backing tracks not trying to amplify my sax I am loud enough for the places I want to play,
Which one would you prefer?

What seems to be more affordable and closer to me is the integrated battery PA systems such as QTX QR10 Portable Active PA Speaker at Gear4music.com
OR
Alesis Transactive Wireless Portable Active PA Speaker System at Gear4music.com
But I am a little bit worried about their battery life has anybody got any experience with these? or anything that costs like these
Happy to hear all your opinions :)

Colin the Bear

I use this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pyle-Pro-PW...UTF8&qid=1446549240&sr=1-85&keywords=pyle+pro

The internal battery is a 12v 5Ah and lasts anywhere between 2 and 5 hours depending on volume and temperature. I take a 12v 9Ah back up and piggy back it with some croc clips.

The pyle pro is rated at twice the wattage and has more connectivity. Slots for 2 mics with an echo effect, a guitar slot and an aux slot for CD/Mp3 and an ipod dock with remote buttons. There's also an audio out so you can daisy chain several of them together. I have 3 of them. I picked up a couple of broken ones cheap and fixed them up. They work quite well for a medium venue and one is plenty for busking.

The G4M amp doesn't appear to have a connection for an external battery and doesn't come with a radio mic included. I'm not a fan of plastic cabinets and I don't know if G4M will ship to France.

QTX do a more powerful amp bundle with mics and a music player SD/USB slot

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Qtx-Portabl...qid=1446550174&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=qtx+pr10

And Amazon are worldwide.

Good to see you are still around the forum Colin :)
Do you use one Pyle-pro when you go out busking or a couple of them? because it seems quite affordable and if you have experience with it I have full trust on that. How long have you been using them ? if 2hours of battery is minimum that is much more than enough for me. how far do you usually need to turn it up when you are outside?

I should change my residence now that I moved in to good old london :p now I can reach anything I want to buy

ups I missed that part of your message thanks a lot for the info I will be putting my order on amazon once I get paid on friday :) I am not too concerned about the money or competition I will probably busk around bromley for the most not central, may be I can try central with my band if we feel a bit adventerous :D
Could you also give me more info about your 12V 9ah battery before anything so if I feel the need I dont have to create another topic :) Thanks a lot Colin

Received my Pyle Pro and I am extremely happy about it ! it has a excellent hz range took it out today with a friend to play bass and guitar with some beats on, worked like a charm.
I would advice to anybody else that comes to this part of the forum looking for a busking amp

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
I shouldn't say this, but moderator hat off.

I couldn't be seen with or use a Pyle Pro. The name sounds like a piece of kit a dodgy and probably self taught, back street proctologist would use.

Mod hat back on. I should moderate myself. Perhaps.

I went for the 930I the other one seemed unnecesarly comlicated with the internal radio thing it was something I was never gona use and he 930 is quite nice and compact as well :)
I am all those things apart from proctologist but who knows may be one day I ll get into that also, if I can teach to to myself but not sure if that is pleasant :D

you spotted good deals i suppose i paid the full price thought i should get a decent one since i dont anything about fixing them :D i ve got other things to buy(like a tenor may be ) before getting my hands on any daisy chaining ideas but i ll consider that in the future :)

Top Bottom