PPT mouthpieces

Where to find quality springs?

I can't comment on the quality of the springs shown, but I would advise against purchasing a "set" of springs and hoping to get the sizes you need for your particular make and model of instrument. Spring sizes are not standard from one instrument to the next because the holes in the posts are not standard diameters. One way to insure you have the correct sizes would be to measure the existing springs using calipers and purchase the closest size individual springs from Music Medic. Springs are expensive when ordered this way, but I can think of no other alternative except maybe to make friends with your local repair man and see if he would sell you the sizes you need from his inventory.

I can't comment on the quality of the springs shown, but I would advise against purchasing a "set" of springs and hoping to get the sizes you need for your particular make and model of instrument. Spring sizes are not standard from one instrument to the next because the holes in the posts are not standard diameters. One way to insure you have the correct sizes would be to measure the existing springs using calipers and purchase the closest size individual springs from Music Medic. Springs are expensive when ordered this way, but I can think of no other alternative except maybe to make friends with your local repair man and see if he would sell you the sizes you need from his inventory.

Thanks for your answer. Dawkes is in UK and they sells individual springs too. Music Medic is in US?

Back
Top Bottom