All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Where is the strangest place you practice?

GrumpyJim

Locality
Rugby
As a UK HGV Driver, I spend a lot of time waiting to be loaded or unloaded, I take my curved sop to work with me, so while I'm waiting on a loading bay I can practise scales, long tones, and a few tunes.

Waiting at a Sainsburys depot today for 3 hours, got a round of applause from a few other Drivers, a few rotten tomatoes and a request to play "far faraway"..................................

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Brilliant, what a great way to pass the time.

Jx

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
Locality
France
Before the lockdown, I used to take a tenor to work and blow away before my colleagues arrived. One day, as I had to take my wife to the airport early, I got into the office before 6am, so I had plenty of time to practice before the first soul showed up, 2 and a half hours later. ;)

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Locality
New Zealand and Australia
Back in the 1960s (ancient history!) I lived in Los Angeles. I'd go to the airport where there were interconnecting tunnels between the terminals. Mostly around 300 to 400 meters long all concrete. There was no security (unlike now) and they were almost always empty and only used by passengers trying to get from one to the other for a connecting flight (but only if they were in adjacent terminals). The carry/echo was without "bounce" and just carried for around 15 seconds. Amazing! you could play crap and it would sound good.

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
Locality
KIC 8462852
I got into the office before 6am, so I had plenty of time to practice before the first soul showed up, 2 and a half hours later. ;)
The first soul showed up? That must be a Good Place you work at.
Now that you mention it there is a certain similarity between you and Ted 'Michael' Danson.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Locality
brighton by the sea
In the distant past there was a derelict water filtration plant near my flat. this was a large, one room building- the roof long gone- with tiled walls and floor. It was a bit like walking into the bottom of a very deep, empty swimming pool.
Needless to say, the acoustics of this place were to die for- absolutely gorgeous. I regret the day some spiv property developer got their paws on that place- it was something special....

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand
Over the many years of practising - after hours primary school classroom; work building - underground basement; work building - on the top floor 7th or 8th storey structure; beside the mighty Waikato River...:thumb:

Greg S.

Hammie 1982

Locality
Ireland, Kildare Area
Small Closet room in the house.....
All the clothes and material helps to cut down volume alot

Jazzaferri

Locality
Victoria BC Canada
In my car when away from home and staying in hotels with thin walls

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics