support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Where has the humour gone?

I think it's because several people no longer post and have been replaced by ones who dislike OT and humour.
There is at least one who hasn't been on long, maybe more, who actively complains to the mods if anyone has the temerity to make an OT or humorous comment on threads he starts.

Last edited:
Occasionally some of the Brit humor goes over my head....or I just lack sufficient reference for it.

A while ago a colleague came up to me, all smiles, with the table below and says "look what I found. It's crazy. You don't really speak like that do you?!"
To which I, of course, replied, "no, of course not"....

english031017.gif

Last edited:
Occasionally some of the Brit humor goes over my head....or I just lack sufficient reference for it.

My oldest (not age, longstanding) and dearest friend quite often fails to understand jokes/punchlines. We nicknamed her Margo after the great actress Penelope Keith's portrayal of Margo Leadbetter in The Good Life. To quote "but why is it funny Jerry". The nickname has stuck for all these years.

If anyone hasn't seen it I'd recommend it even after all these years it's still funny. Lots of clips on You Tube

I have no idea how this will go down or if it will really go down. So let’s risk it!

1 - Virginity like bubble, one prick - all gone.

2 - Man who run in front of car get tired.

3 - Man who run behind car get exhausted.

4 - Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day.

5 - Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ.

6 - Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.

7 - Man with one chopstick go hungry.

8 - Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.

9 - Man who eat many prunes get good run for money.

10 - Baseball is wrong; man with four balls cannot walk.

11 - Panties not best thing on earth, but next to best thing on earth.

12 - War does not determine who is right; war determine who is left.

13 - Wife who put husband in doghouse soon find him in cat house.

14 - Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

15 - It take many nails to build crib, only one screw to fill it.

16 - Man who drive like hell bound to get there.

17 - Man who stand on toilet is high on pot.

18 - Man who live in glass house should change clothes in basement.

19 - Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

20 - Man who fart in church sit in own pew.

21 - Crowded elevator smell different to midget.

After a year of lockdown and the current state of the UK, I don't feel my sense of humour is holding up terribly well. However- today I walked out of my front door and a guy in a car driving past threw a chunk of under ripe cheese at my head... "That's not very mature!" , I shouted at him as he drove off....
Where's the groan emoji?

After a year of lockdown and the current state of the UK, I don't feel my sense of humour is holding up terribly well. However- today I walked out of my front door and a guy in a car driving past threw a chunk of under ripe cheese at my head... "That's not very mature!" , I shouted at him as he drove off....
How dairy do that. Someone did that to me too with some French cheese, he missed and hit the wall behind me, but I was hit by some de brie. I've heard of some similar attacks in Wales too, so tread Caerphilly everyone.

Pistols or the sword?
Hmmm ... well, I don't have a pistol (not being American), so perhaps I could put my schoolboy fencing skills to the test.
However, for the sake of maintaining the harmony for which this forum is renowned, I'll accept that you are not now, nor ever have been, an American, and offer a conciliatory handshake/elbow bump instead.