All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

Accessories Where can I buy this ...

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
Check here. And you can choose your language!

I have a couple of identical harness that I use for baritone but they have a plastic hook. Appears to be sufficient so far. I like them.

I bought from these guys in the past, but only a few reeds!

saxyjt

Subscriber
Also found this on evilbay. Its a german seller, so you may find it on your bay.

I found the same reference (BG S43MSH) on a site I bought from before in Germany, but they don't explicitly mention the metal hook. Check here.

OP
thomsax

thomsax

Thank you , But it's the metal hook with plastic that I want. Seems to be a a good one. I use a very good baritone harness that I bought a Sax.co.uk. (I don't think they sell this harness anymore?).
bariharness.JPG
I want a better hook. Metal. The blue hook is my own solution.

saxyjt

Subscriber
The advantage of plastic is that its softer on the horn's metal ring and I'd rather replace the harness than have to replace the ring.

Article here.

I'm sure you are well aware of this, but others may not! ;)

OP
thomsax

thomsax

The advantage of plastic is that its softer on the horn's metal ring and I'd rather replace the harness than have to replace the ring.

Article here.

I'm sure you are well aware of this, but others may not! ;)
Yes the hook should not be "eating up" the ring on the sax. I'm going to have "shrink-tube" on the hook. A 10mm tube shrinks c 50% after heating. Plastic (nylon) is strong. On tenor and alto i think they are strong enough. But on bari ....???? I've seen a nylon hook that suddenly broke. On metal you see can when it's time for a new hook

Colin the Bear

I have several slings, I like to keep a backup in each case, with a soft metal hook. The ring wore through the hook on the first one. When I replaced it I covered the hook with a length of aquarium air line. I was most amused to find the next one I bought had this modification.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom