Tutorials

Where and How to practise?

Linky Lee

I seem to remember a similar thread a while back but a search didn't turn up any results. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me again.

Anyway, I am moving house on the 1st July as I have a work placement in a different city over here in Germany. The salary only allows me to rent a room in a bunch of flats so I'm wondering how I'm going to be able to practise?

The weekends are fine, I'll come to an arrangement with whoever I'm living with for a suitable time when I can practise. It's during the week I'm worried about.
I shall be at work from morning till 5 and probably not home till coming on for 6. I know everyone will be able to hear me practising, as I live in an appartment at the moment (4 stories) and I've asked around and it's as clear as daylight everywhere, also quite loud. It's ok at the moment though as I can practise during the day in between lectures at university when the majority of residents are at work or similar.

Is it acceptable to be practising on a daily basis for 1 to 2 hours after 6? or do I need to find a more suitable place to blow?

I think it would be a good idea to look into alternative practise places anyway - if not just to give the flatmate and the rest of the residents a break now and then! So where and how do you practise if you don't do it at home? and any ideas of possible places to try? - am I going to need to rent a rehearsal room?

Cheers.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
There are all sorts of rules here. Especially lunch times, Sundays and evenings.
Try your local music school.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom