support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones When the GAS bites..

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Hi all,
Had my 2nd lesson and the GAS has bitten already..(arghhh)You know it's pointless fighting back the sax always wins..Well after a trip to Liverpool I came away with a P.Mauriat Le Bravo 200 Tenor..I know I started last week on an alto( I still have that by the way)..But I just couldn't stop myself(we've all been there )..Anyway it looks and sounds great.Back to the lessons,everything seems to be going very well, so I ended up with a couple of tunes to have a look at..Will keep you informed as to what happens next...

Chris

Hi all,
Had my 2nd lesson and the GAS has bitten already..(arghhh)You know it's pointless fighting back the sax always wins..Well after a trip to Liverpool I came away with a P.Mauriat Le Bravo 200 Tenor..I know I started last week on an alto( I still have that by the way)..But I just couldn't stop myself(we've all been there )..Anyway it looks and sounds great.Back to the lessons,everything seems to be going very well, so I ended up with a couple of tunes to have a look at..Will keep you informed as to what happens next...

Chris

I tried the Le Bravo when I was in Liverpool a few weeks ago....it's a really really nice sax.
I left, however, with a BW bronze action improved tenor as it was more within my price range......enjoy!!

Hi all,

Chris

Terrible thing GAS - it gives you so many headaches and a depleted bank account! Hope you only have a mild form unlike yours truly who has suffered from a very serve bout the I am slowly recovering from!

Hi Paul I think its only mild,so its now calmed down,as well as the bank balance..Wonder what will happen when I start looking at new mouthpeices(oh no its returning,arrrrgh)??Not yet anyway..

Chris

I am not sure that getting an additional saxophone counts as GAS. It is more of a necessity, really. IMHO GAS applies more to mouthpieces (must have the right one), ligatures (probably already have the right one), and so on.

I am not sure that getting an additional saxophone counts as GAS. It is more of a necessity, really. IMHO GAS applies more to mouthpieces (must have the right one), ligatures (probably already have the right one), and so on.

I agree, I need 4 backup tenors, 2 more altos as backups, a couple of Baris and at least 3 sops, cos they're moody things and one that plazs well one day just won't perform the next....

Hi Paul I think its only mild,so its now calmed down,as well as the bank balance..Wonder what will happen when I start looking at new mouthpeices(oh no its returning,arrrrgh)??Not yet anyway..

Chris

LOL :D Glad to hear it isn't too bad yet! Once you start on mouthpieces, ligatures and so forth it'll be abck with a vengeance hehe :)))

I agree, I need 4 backup tenors, 2 more altos as backups, a couple of Baris and at least 3 sops, cos they're moody things and one that plazs well one day just won't perform the next....

That seems pretty normal to me, any less and you wouldn't be a proper sax player, you did forget the custom made crate to cart all the saxophones and mouthpieces around with built-in moisture control :))) :))) :)))

..you did forget the custom made crate to cart all the saxophones and mouthpieces around with built-in moisture control :))) :))) :)))

Darn, so I did. And I failed to mention the silver Gloger necks for investment purposes, not to mention an original pre-prison Dave Guardala mouthpiece for each sax... My Landrover's big enough to get all of this in - but it's not really secure, so I guess a stainless steel trailer with triple duty locks and a fully locking towhitch would also be required, otherwise the insurance would be prohibitive.

That seems pretty normal to me, any less and you wouldn't be a proper sax player, you did forget the custom made crate to cart all the saxophones and mouthpieces around with built-in moisture control :))) :))) :)))

Darn, so I did. And I failed to mention the silver Gloger necks for investment purposes, not to mention an original pre-prison Dave Guardala mouthpiece for each sax... My Landrover's big enough to get all of this in - but it's not really secure, so I guess a stainless steel trailer with triple duty locks and a fully locking towhitch would also be required, otherwise the insurance would be prohibitive.

Glad to hear you're being frugal and investing in good security to keep the overall insurance cost down :))) :))) How much would it cost to insure an original pre-prison Dave Guardala mouthpiece these days :D

Hey i am the chairman of the GAS board as many will know.I had every kind of wonder pill and theres NO CURE,when the gas bloke knocks just let him in,you know it makes sense but avoid telling the other half.You have been warned.

I seem to have this illness too....just bought a new sax and now am on a mouthpiece hunt. At my level I think my time would be better spent practicing LOL. Spent a fortune at sax.co.uk recently (can't fault the service of Jules and Bill there).

I know the feeling.....but if I'm not careful the next purchase will be a rather large suitcase and the order of a removal truck :shocked:

Back
Top Bottom