All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

When dogs meet saxophones

DaveT

Locality
UK
This evening she was out so I took the alto and the soprano round to her house to practice and see what the dogs made to it.
They both hated the alto with a vengeance! Truth be told I wasn't impressed either, it might have to go on eBay.
Much as I liked the soprano in 'Channeling Beefheart' mode they weren't impressed.
The dog gave me 'that' look, the bitch went and hid by the door...

jazzdoh

Locality
West Midlands
My dog used to howl if I played in front of him, but now he is almost deaf he doesn't seem to mind, so now it's just the wife I annoy.

sax panther

Café Supporter
Locality
UK
My dog sits quite happily while I play sax. My cats have learned to exit the room as soon as I open the case.

AndyB

Locality
Durham, NC, USA
I used to have an Australian cattledog who came running from wherever he was in the house when he heard the saxophone. He would sit down beside me, give me a goofy look, then lean his head back and howl. I think he thought it was family sing-along time and I was finally learning to be a proper member of the pack. I actually learned to get a fuller tone on my horn so I wouldn't be drowned out every day. He eventually learned to sing call & response to the blues with head nods at the right time for his part. He lived to be 12 and we had many great jam sessions. Wish I'd recorded that.

Chris J

Locality
Southampton, UK
Mine just goes to sleep on my feet...
Dog helping playing.jpg

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney