All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Beginner Sax What's up with this?

ESJohn

Café Supporter
An ad popped up today online from a company based in Wistow, SA (South Australia?) called musicdrum. They are offering a Cecilio alto sax with everything that one could want for $99 US. It gets better as a silver "intermediate to advanced" sax is on sale for $89 US.
What do you folks know of this company?

h4yn0nnym0u5e

Café Supporter
Just popped up; 75% off everything; contact email is generic gmail; fractured English descriptions; “guarantees return for free within 7 days after delivery if the products have quality problems. Due to its own reasons, the customer must bear the refund processing fee and return logistics fee”.

Seems legit.

Last edited:

ESJohn

Café Supporter
I'm guessing that a very real and legit company had their identity hacked briefly. After my first post, I went back and could not find the ad anywhere, although I did find a link to the company. It's my hope that it was shut down quickly.
Our company's ceo had emails going out with his name to us asking us to click a link, etc. and we've gone through internet security training to help recognize things like this. They're getting more slick by the day!

JayeNM

Formerly JayePDX
An ad popped up today online from a company based in Wistow, SA (South Australia?) called musicdrum. They are offering a Cecilio alto sax with everything that one could want for $99 US.
That's about what a Cecilio is truly worth, so it seems reasonable to me....

JayeNM

Formerly JayePDX
Interesting street address...

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 8.06.52 AM.png

ESJohn

Café Supporter
Looking at Google Maps, the address of lot 202 appears to be, at best, an empty lot. Wistow's population is around 290. I found this image online with the caption "this is the one and only Wistow shop."
1609600919938.png

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom