support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones What's this extra key for on this Vito Alto.....??

DavidUK

Café Supporter
:confused:

Here's my Beaugnier Vito:
405455295.jpg

And here's another Vito with an extra key just under the neck strap loop:
406671968.jpg

What's it for and does it give any clue to the Vito maker?

There are other differences and similarities too. I can post more comparison photos.

Thanks for any help.

The other Vito (top two) has a squarer left hand key table than mine, AND a little rectangular key between this and the palm keys:

406672054.jpg

406672056.jpg

405455329.jpg

The other Vito (top) has a little "Vito" brace under the crook. Mine doesn't:

406672055.jpg

406004139.jpg

The other Vito (top) has the same "Vito" engraving as mine:

406672051.jpg

405455301.jpg

The other Vito (top two) has the same key guard as mine, but what's the extra arm going to the middle of the three bell keys?:

406672054.jpg

406672057.jpg

405455305.jpg

405455303.jpg

the second horn is a model 35 which is almost as complex as a Leblanc semi-rationale the only real difference is that the model 35 has no regulation screws for the more complex features but uses corks.

Not every technician is familiar with these horns but those who are (like Doctor Sax Kim!) at £180 it is a steal but selling these horns, as I very well know, ain’t easy

the second horn is a model 35 which is almost as complex as a Leblanc semi-rationale the only real difference is that the model 35 has no regulation screws for the more complex features but uses corks.

Not every technician is familiar with these horns but those who are (like Doctor Sax Kim!) at £180 it is a steal but selling these horns, as I very well know, ain’t easy

Yes, I spotted your old ad and the falling price. I think in general buyers are put off Vitos, thinking they're all student models made by Americans (although still very well made) and not researching the Japanese and French made models, or those professionals like Johnny who chose to play them.

I'm intrigued by the Boehm fingering which it appears was sidelined by Selmer's, and the promise of absolutely correct intonation.

£180 is OK if I were dying to own one as my "holy grail" but this one is fairly tarnished and may be regarded as "odd" by subsequent prospective buyers due to that very same key layout.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom