PPT mouthpieces

Whats New....

I've got to respect that you've played this exactly how you wanted it to sound. Some of it I really dig other aspects are kind of strange to my ears. In the head and a few other parts you use a soft approach to your tone that swells, kind of a wah wah sound without the second wah. Not sure about this. I do like your careful use of very slow vibrato as this gives it a very laid back almost sleepy time feel. Don't know if that's what you intended but the head feels like a series of yawns (but doesn't make me yawn). It certainly kept my attention. The vibrato is back to "normal" speed later, which is an interesting contrast.

Tone as always excellent and the improv finely done. Altogether I like it a lot, but just find the head very, well,...different. By 3 1/2 minutes it's anything but sleepy.

After a few more listens I think I like this better any any other rendition I've heard, and the strangeness is growing on me.

I've got to respect that you've played this exactly how you wanted it to sound. Some of it I really dig other aspects are kind of strange to my ears. In the head and a few other parts you use a soft approach to your tone that swells, kind of a wah wah sound without the second wah. Not sure about this. I do like your careful use of very slow vibrato as this gives it a very laid back almost sleepy time feel. Don't know if that's what you intended but the head feels like a series of yawns (but doesn't make me yawn). It certainly kept my attention. The vibrato is back to "normal" speed later, which is an interesting contrast.

Tone as always excellent and the improv finely done. Altogether I like it a lot, but just find the head very, well,...different. By 3 1/2 minutes it's anything but sleepy.

After a few more listens I think I like this better any any other rendition I've heard, and the strangeness is growing on me.

Well if you find it different i'm very happy.You know i like to take,do my own path.Theres a old Dexter Gordon youtube clip and he plays it amazing.Vibrato is a personal thing in the end.I kind of dont really think about what i'm going to do or try ,i just kind of go through the form a few times on a new tune then press record and most times i'm playing where the song takes me.This case was the same.The chords and feel remind me of them 1950's Blue note sessions alot.There such lazy lush chords.1 thing i did think of was sound.As normal thats my major thought and still trying out this new mp.Thanks for checking it out.Hey i'm doing a session tomorrow recording with my duo so some originals due.

The improv 2nd chorus was great, controlled and very tastefully done.:thumb: The head Hmmmm! the big bends into notes thing sounded kinda lazy on this one. I know it's what you wanted to to do. But to me the listener that's how it came over..Overall it sounded great and was one of the better versions I've heard of this tune.:welldone

Chris...

The improv 2nd chorus was great, controlled and very tastefully done.:thumb: The head Hmmmm! the big bends into notes thing sounded kinda lazy on this one. I know it's what you wanted to to do. But to me the listener that's how it came over..Overall it sounded great and was one of the better versions I've heard of this tune.:welldone

Chris...

Bends,falls,growls,gliss's,intonation,attack,vibrato etc are what gives every player his own voice.You know whats next :))):))):))) i like the bends >:) why play it the way EVERYONE else does,come on folks you know thats not me,EVERRRRRRRRR :))):))):))):))):))) I said i kind of just went with the track and it feels lazy to me ,lots of humour and pulling the leg here chaps,we got to have fun on here.>:) always good to hear your opinions.

Back
Top Bottom