PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones What's a Buffet Evette Baritone worth?

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
Spotted this in the free ads at a bargain price, but I think far too cheap so contacted the owner, who has upgraded, and suggested I post a thread to find opinions on the proper price to ask. He plays in shows, so hoping to help a fellow musician raise a bit more money.

Here's some photos:

Pads are described a clean and sealing and it's been regularly serviced. One small dent near the top of the bell.

I noticed another sold when advertised at £1,100: https://webcache.googleusercontent....61905+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=safari

What's an Evette Bari worth at the moment? Any suggestions? I'm sending a link to the thread to the owner so he can see what suggestions you have. He's based in Glasgow.

Thanks for any help.

I think it's a Jupiter made "Evette Buffet" bari. Good baris and easy to own as well. Spareparts and most techs are familiar with them. Follow the prices for a Jupiter, if it's made by "Jupiter".

Morning @DavidUK : hope you are good mate...
Well it is very decent of you to help this guy out : the fact he plays in a semi / pro scene but doesn't know the value of this bari is strangely refreshing when so many are obsessed with pushing up the value / prices .
There is the chance I guess he got it for buttons and is happy to move it on quickly but regardless...
I've had the tenor version many years back when I was broke and needed a horn ; it did the job well I remember .
I can only estimate a value based on if it were mine to sell . It looks to be in very nice condition so I reckon £1500 reserve. Could up it a little but yeah I think that is a good fair price . I'd buy it now at that if I had the cash : bari prices have gone through the roof. I've had Conn : Selmer ba : Buescher truetone : Adolphe and a few ive forgotten probably...oh well :rolleyes:

Sorry to go off topic but things were so different back in the day : horns were affordable and available . It was great trying out Selmer : Conn : Martin and others . Trading with friends ; it was about the horns not the money : now ? Forget it !!

He had it up for £300. I'll admit I did have a thought about a quick buy and sell but playing in theatre productions he must have been hit financially by the Covid shutdown. I've explained that if I can help him make some more money on it he may like to donate a little to help other musicians. Just posting a link so he knows what this is all about: Support the Cafe

£300 ?? Woah...that's a tough one but I guess you did the right thing . I'd be torn but reckon I would have given him a heads up and probably offered him double .
Do you have plans to buy it David once he is settled on a price ?
Man I wish I had the ££££
Keep us posted man...thanks

A playable Baritone used to go for at least £1,000 on fleabay. Nice ones more. This looks quite nice. If it plays well it should make someone very happy. Who knows what things are worth lately.

I think it's a Jupiter made "Evette Buffet" bari. Good baris and easy to own as well. Spareparts and most techs are familiar with them. Follow the prices for a Jupiter, if it's made by "Jupiter".
Really ? I have serviced a few of these modern Buffet-Evettes (altos and tenors) and they didn't strike me as being made by Jupe....although they did strike me as pretty decent horns once a few minor corrections are made on the tech bench....but that'd be interesting if they were.

Really ? I have serviced a few of these modern Buffet-Evettes (altos and tenors) and they didn't strike me as being made by Jupe....although they did strike me as pretty decent horns once a few minor corrections are made on the tech bench....but that'd be interesting if they were.
Evette and Keilwerth ST90 saxes last model was made by KHS/"Jupiter". This was when Boosey & Hawkes owned Buffet and Keilwerth. But I can be wrong. I found these lines on Wikipedia: "The hand tools used to fashion the musical instrument parts are from Switzerland and the USA and the CNC machines are from Japan. The lacquer used is imported from Britain and the USA and the soldering powder is imported from Canada. All of the KHS manufacturing facilities in Taiwan and China are ISO 9001 certified. KHS has made musical instruments for other companies such as Buffet Crampon (Evette), Vito and Keilwerth ST-90 series IV saxophones, B&S trumpets and Courtois cornets. KHS has made Olds, Blessing, Riley and Arbiter Jazz saxophones"

Interesting....I will have to look at the next ones which come in more closely, then.

Back
Top Bottom