Votes: 2 13.3%
  • You are the perp, you leave a note

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • You drive off hoping no one spotted you

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

half diminished

What would you do?

You see someone hit another car and then drive off. The owner of the damaged car drives off? Would you leave a note for the owner of the damaged car saying 'I saw it, contact me'?

What if you were the perp, would you leave a note saying 'Sorry, it was me, contact me'?

Stephen Howard

You see someone hit another car and then drive off. The owner of the damaged car drives off? Would you leave a note for the owner of the damaged car saying 'I saw it, contact me'?
Yes, I would - and have done...on the basis that I'd want someone to return the favour if it happened to me.

What if you were the perp, would you leave a note saying 'Sorry, it was me, contact me'?
Ditto.

Regards,

Taz

Busking Oracle
I have a guilty streak a mile wide, even when it's nothing to do with me, I can't even drive through customs without going red and sweaty!

I hate it when this sort of thing happens and I'm the first person to take down numbers and report dishonest people, they really make me sick. I'd be shouting from the rooftops if it were me.

I witnessed the same sort of thing recently, a man was sitting in a hospital car park with a female passenger, she had her door open whilst she was smoking when a gust of wind caught her door and it hit the car next to them, (theirs was a 96 plate, the car they damaged was an 08 in pristine condition.) I was then astounded when they shut their door and sped off to a different area of the car park. The driver spotted me and I made sure that he saw me writing down his reg number.

As I was waiting for Mrs Taz I knew I'd be waiting for a long time, I thought I'd just wait and see what happened. After about three quarters of an hour, the guilty party returned on foot and left his details, he looked at me sheepishly whereupon I told him that if he hadn't, I was going to report him to the owner and the police. He mumbled some very lame excuse and left.

The damaged they caused was conciderable, probably a new door skin as they left a large crease in the victims car.

I believe that he was watching me to see if I left first, would he have owned up if I had?

griff136

If I were the perp I'd put my mobile down before winding the window down enough to shout out"
I'm David Griffiths and you know where to get hold of me"
then hope I get off with a £350 fine like Harriet bloody Harman did last week.

not a happy bunny - she should have at least got 6 points, enough to put her over the 12 points needed for a ban! and the £350 she'll probably try and claim on expenses seeing as she was on parliamentary duty when it occurred.

Done rantin!

milandro

many years ago my car was semi destroyed by someone who bumped into another car behind me while my car was parked, he left a telephone number that was scribbled in a way that I had to make several attempts before I got the right person on the line.
Few monts ago some bastard ripped off (literally!)my fender and the left front wing of my car while it was parked downstairs , nothing was left and no one pretended to have see anything (it is not a busy road where I live but the noise it must have made must have caught somebody's attention)........insurance paid a part of it because in Holland in this case the first 200€ are not covered! The damages were about 1000€.......

Rogerb

You need to check the note they leave....mine always say "Everyone watching thinks I'm leaving my name and number...." >:)

(Only kidding :) )

Parking by ear is a national pastime here!

Top Bottom