PPT mouthpieces

What tunes are you learning

alto andy

Some of my favourite tunes I'm learning at the moment are
There will never be Another you . Blue lester . Tune up . And blues in the closet which is great fun :) pls feel free to add your tunes from band practice etc :)

Some of my favourite tunes I'm learning at the moment are
There will never be Another you . Blue lester . Tune up . And blues in the closet which is great fun :) pls feel free to add your tunes from band practice etc :)

"Blue Lester" is one of those tunes I have always really liked. I made a backing track for it using Band In A Box, if anyone is interested.

There are so many great tunes out there, but I find I need a shove to make me pick one to learn, rather than just dabble and move on. In the last couple of years, the shove has come from Jazz Workshops and from Ballad of the Month here.

For myself I am trying to learn "The Peacocks", "The Lord is Listenin' to Ya, Hallelujah" and "Willow Weep for Me".

Rhys

"Blue Lester" is one of those tunes I have always really liked. I made a backing track for it using Band In A Box, if anyone is interested.

There are so many great tunes out there, but I find I need a shove to make me pick one to learn, rather than just dabble and move on. In the last couple of years, the shove has come from Jazz Workshops and from Ballad of the Month here.

For myself I am trying to learn "The Peacocks", "The Lord is Listenin' to Ya, Hallelujah" and "Willow Weep for Me".

Rhys

Yes please, I would so appreciate it.

*Willow weep for me* , Weeping willow blues, and Where and when, strangely all W's!

* I used to play this on Tenor, it sounds so different on Alto, I am still not used to the difference.

Right now I'm learning/playing ...

.... Midnight Hour Blues (Lerroy Carr/Elvins Bishops version) in concert A
.... Ain't Too Proud To Beg (Roling Stones version) in concert C
.... You Never Can Tell (Chuch Berry) in concert C
.... Never Make A Move Too Soon (B,B, King/Crusaders version) in concert F
.... Mustang Sally (Magic Slim version) in concert A
.... A Story Everybody Knows (B.B King) in concert F
.... Look At Little Sister (Stevie Ray Vaughan version) in concert Eb

It's 3-horn arrangements (trp, ts and bs) so I learnr both tenor and bari lines. I try to learn the charts by heart so I don't need the charts when we are playing together. This way suits me. But the other guys wants to have charts all the time. Nothing wrong with that. In most of the songs I'm also preparing for solos.

Rhys
Hallelujah sounds fun I love that tune

Just had a look on youtube I might try and get one of his albums what one would you suggest . I get my CDs secondhand from a shop in westcliff on sea I'm not sure how many modern albums he has but he has all the best from my favourite times like the 40s :)

Hi Andy, I just look on youtube, find the ones I like and buy the tracks on iTunes :)