All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

What to do ?? questions questions questions

trimmy

One day i will...
Ok peeps, i had a good birthday yesterday :) and got plenty of gifts and cash :thumb: which was very nice and very much appreciated.
My quandry now is what to do with my cash ( and NO your'e not having it ) >:)

I recently got a bargain off the bay, a Hanson SA8, which i have been using for the last few weeks and still getting use to it trying different pieces and reeds to get the sound i want.

My quandry is do i persevere with the Hanson or do i go and buy a sax i want !!! remembering i only bought the hanson because it was a bargain buy.

The sax i would go for is a BW bronze as-pd alto, which i think i could get a brand newie for £580 with a bit of haggling, curlywoodwind have them for £680. http://www.curlywoodwind.co.uk/altosax/bauhaus_bronze_AI_alto.htm

Hmmmm what to do :headscratch: any thoughts welcome :thumb:

Last edited:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Kev, you aren't going to like this, but maybe you should learn to play the Hanson >:)

jonf

Happy birthday for yesterday.

I agree with Kev above. Stick with the Hanson. With the money, buy some other music treat, Zoom recorder, fancy mouthpiece, tenor sax, something like that.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
The Hanson is a really nice alto Trimmy. But if you're flogging it bear me in mind, I'm getting the alto itch.
Andrew

Taz

Busking Oracle
Go with your heart. If you believe that you need a new sax, then go on. What have you got to loose? On the other hand though, as the others have said, what else could you buy with your birthday dosh?
Think long and be wise young Trimmy.

Happy birfday too!

Sweet Dreamer

You can't always get what you want.

~

~

~

~

~

Until now! $$$

Happy birthday!

Buy what your heart desires and set the world on fire! :sax:

That's what birthday cash is for! ;}

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
:gathering:

Mr. Trimmy, I recommend stepping into the surgery for a consultation - you seem to have a severe attack of GASitis and you've had it for a while. I recommend an immediate strong course of wallet deflation, which can be achieved through generous donation to the TV Wants to Commission a Viol Fund - something like this . >:):thanks:

trimmy

One day i will...
:gathering:

Mr. Trimmy, I recommend stepping into the surgery for a consultation - you seem to have a severe attack of GASitis
I'm cured :welldone i'm sticking with the Hanson, but will be buying recording equipment >:) then that's it.... HONEST ;}

Sweet Dreamer

I'd stick with the Hanson and buy a BW ex demo Brass Tenor for £495 from http://www.saxophoneheaven.com/ as a future investment!

Ooooooooooooooooooowheeeeeeeeeeeeee! Baby!

Don't tempt me like that!

I just looked at my bank account to see how things survived after having paid all my bills. I have $500 more than I expected to be left over! ;}

I can have a pseudo birthday! :welldone

I ran straight over to my mouse and clicked on Amazon dot com. My favorite online shopping mall.

I found this Tenor sax for $309

Cheap Tenor Sax - $309

It even has a 5-star review by one customer who never played a sax before in his life!

It's got to be great! Right?

I'm really tempted to buy yet another musical toy.

Waddaya think?

TomMapfumo

Could have a look here https://www.junkdude.com/ProductGroup.aspx?group=saxophones&id_prodcat=187

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom