All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Saxophones What sax is this?

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Looks like a really cheap Chinese no namer. Mother of pearl is plastic... It's an alto by the way.

Ads

Locality
North West UK
depends on how long its been listed - if you pay for membership (a fiver a year) then you get to respond to the latest adverts , if you don`t pay at all, you can only respond to those a few days old

David Dorning

Locality
Chichester, UK
depends on how long its been listed - if you pay for membership (a fiver a year) then you get to respond to the latest adverts , if you don`t pay at all, you can only respond to those a few days old

Ok that explains it, thanks

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
I second Chinese. However, I love that look of a white body with gold colored keys. If God played the saxophone, His would look like that. Oops, I forgot the saxophone is the "Devils Horn" (my bad).

altissimo

Locality
leicester
white sax.JPG

I don't recognise the logo on the side of the bell. From what I can see of it, the case might be a Berkeley

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand
B&S made white saxes in the 90's. Saxman Steve Wilkerson played/promoted B&S saxes. But probably a Asian made sax.

Agree with Thomsax - I remember the ads in the Saxophone Journal magazine - I think Sam Phipps ended up selling Steve's B & S tenor via Sax On The Web a few years back...

Could be a bargain for somebody if it is a kosher B & S sax...

Greg S.

Zootsax

Locality
NY, USA
Wow, funky-looking sax. It would have been nice for the seller to actually divulge that information in the first place.

Zootsax

Locality
NY, USA
Hmmm, can you find anything else about the brand? I've never heard of them, but then again I'm not into the vintage European brands so I don't know much on that topic.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
How much should I offer then ;)
Firstly find out what it is. More photos, does it say made in Germany? Age? Looks as if the seller doesn't know much, so you might get little more than pics. A clear shot of the left side would help, as would a good shot of the neck. Ask the seller how much he/she wants.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Locality
manchester
Why is there doubt about it being an alto,there's definitely an alto neck showing ?

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom