support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Ligatures PPT Tenor - best ligature

Mpc arrived today,initial thoughts are very good,plays well,good response,intonation fine and have a few ligs that fit,using an alto Rovner EVO-5 with Legere Signature reed.

I like the blue colour,the one on Ebay thats £165 is from a company that regularly marks things up at top end prices,think they might have a problem selling it at that price.

This is my first Pillinger mpc and i am impressed.

Thanks again for your replies

At the risk of being thrown into the briar patch, I just have to ask...

I have just ordered a metal PPT 8* tenor mouthpiece and I suspect that I will need a new ligature for it. (I have ligs for fat ebonite pieces). I know that there are ligature and PPT threads on this forum but I never know if they are referring to the beautifully tapered PPT Onyxite or the slim and wonderful Brushed Gold - which is what I have ordered.

I recall that Pete's shop suggests a Rover Ligature but I have seen threads where people put their hand to their forehead and say "Rovner on a metal mouthpiece? Oh how could you?"

So guys, anyone using a PPT Metal Tenor Mouthpiece or the similarly shaped ebonite, what ligature do you USE? And where can I buy one?

(Puts on thorn proof clothing, in case of briar patch flinging)

I recall that Pete's shop suggests a Rover Ligature but I have seen threads where people put their hand to their forehead and say "Rovner on a metal mouthpiece? Oh how could you?"
I have used a Rovner on metal mouthpieces for alto, C Mel, tenor and baritone for years. What is the perceived problem with doing so?

I use a PPT silver mouthpiece on tenor and a Rovner Light L13. I did use a Brancher for a while, but found it scratched the soft metal, not a problem but I wanted to keep the mouthpiece unscratched. (possibly a bit tight depending on reeds)

(That's the one in the James Carter PPT clip)

I have also used a Selmer 404 (may be discontinued and also possibly a bit tight depending on reeds)

I am sure you are right but how have you worked out that they are "Fat Metal" size? Is there a "Fat Metal" tick box that I can use when ordering?
Ah- its my personal way of thinking about it- Rovners for metal mouthpieces- come in 3 sizes- M1,M2 and M3 (which is obviously easiest to think of as small, medium and large). Based on what Pete's saying anything that fits on a metal Otto Link should do the job....

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom