What it takes to be a musician

spike

Old Indian
Subscriber
Couldn't find the original article . . .
I not sure if this is not meant to be a word of warning ;)

Musician_whatittakes.jpg

Tell me about it - at 71 I've got an old car, half a family, half a house but no nest egg, but I'm still rockin' :happydance:

spike

Old Indian
Subscriber
Each of these groups have swapped out the references to acting to match their creative experience.
That's the world wide media for yer.
However it is applicable for the most part to musicians and other creative people.
When I first read it I did cringe with the Tom Wolf style journalese phrases like
". . driven and courageous . . . "
&
" . . . tasting life's nectar in crystal moments . . . "

I was once shot at by guerillas on the way to a gig in Afica but at that moment I was certainly neither driven nor courageous,
and in the aftermath of tasting life's nectar and crystal moments I often ended up somewhat pissed inebriated.

All the same it's a nice bit've prose, certainly made me feel better.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Subscriber
I can agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment of the article, but you can read driven as pig-headed, courageous as naive and unthinking.
I've been a self employed artist/craftsman for almost 40 years and nearing retirement age (ha-ha). Without the support of my lovely wife family I would be a bum on the streets. And in my circle I'm looked on as one of the lucky ones! (We make the crystal with which to taste life's nectar by the way)

Top Bottom