All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

What is this thing called love

Yanisaxaddict

Hey guys/ladies, it's been a while since I posted. Please find a link to a new recording of an old tune..

Comments welcome, and I sincerely hope you enjoy :thumb:

DeadAudiolink Removed

Regards

YaniSaxwilldo

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Nice little swinger.Strong tone was nice.A touch vibrato here and there would be nice and your solo was very nice but try to not let the chords rule you.You need to just let it flow atad more and natural and lose.Your playing in most of the space there is,i think space is note number 1,the most important.Well done.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
+1 to what Davey said in post #2, enjoyed it though..

Chris..

Yanisaxaddict

Super guys, thanks for all the feedback.. I should note that the solo is a transcription.. I'll post more in the near future where I'll stamp my own style on things :)

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Super guys, thanks for all the feedback.. I should note that the solo is a transcription.. I'll post more in the near future where I'll stamp my own style on things :)
Well email the transcription source and tell them what big bad Daveysaxboy said >:):))):))):))):)))

Yanisaxaddict

Lol, the transcription is by a guy called Phil Shaw. Taken from George Bouchard Jazz Improv book.. I found it great for getting that swing feel under my fingers..

Yanisaxaddict

Chris, thanks a million. I thought you were having a joke at first with "scooby-sax". This is great, Sonny is one of my fav players. I'll check these out asap. Thanks again, very thoughtful!!

scooby

Scooby-sax is a take off on my nickname (as well as the cartoon character). Glad you guys like the Sonny Rollins transcriptions. Check back from time to time as I'm always adding new stuff. Today I added a nice transcription of Ralph Moore's solo on Squatty Roo. 3 great choruses on I Got Rhythm changes.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Jeff, you have a great site, with some very good transcriptions. I only found about 6 months ago. Thanks..

Chris

BigMartin

Nice clip, thanks.

But I'm afraid Benny Hill ruined the title of this song for me: ""Mmm, what is this thing called, love?"
And in the same running gag, "What's that in the road---a head?"

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom