Saxophones What is that?! Why is that?! Low G and Low F# Tenor. Hoax or Real

Fake or Hoax?

• Pics 1 and 2 are fake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pic 3 is real

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello Cafe Saxophone!,
So I was doing the ordinary today, looking up saxophones. And then I stumbled across these images.
In the bottom two images are the pictures of a Low G Tenor Sax. And I really don't know what to say about it.
Is this hoax or the real deal? Now this is the start. If you scroll down past these two images, I have another image which is probably hoax but just want you guys to tell me what you think. And if its real, its a beast.

brazil-low-g-tenor-1.jpg
brazil-low-g-tenor-keys.jpg

All right. So this image I believe is a hoax and want to show you but its real it sure will make trumpet players mad. By counting all the big pad, unless I miscounted, this thing can reach low F#, the lowest note of a trumpet making this have a larger range. What do you guys think? The top two images I think are real while the one on the bottom is fake.

Thank You,
Cafe Saxophone

enviroguy-lowfsharp-tenor.jpg

For the first, low G is correct. There are 3 extra toneholes below Bb. This gives A, Ab, G. Can't see enough to see if it's playable, but it looks as if the standard bell has been moved with all the deeper tone holes the same distance apart. Likely to be difficult, if not impossible to play on tune.

Second is such a poor piece of photoshopping that it's not worth commenting.

Picture 1 looks real and it even appears to have a baritone mouthpiece which is a good idea if you are going to do this kind of Frankensteinish mod, and probably something you wouldn't think of if creating a fake photo.

(Although at first I wondered if it might just be a baritone with a photoshopped tenor tenon and neck)

Picture 2 would be hard to fake, if it is then it's a much better job than pic 3.

I imagine is difficult to play and the leverage would probably mean it is hard to close those low keys and get a good seal.

Pic three is very obviously a fake.

Last edited:
Looks even more real in the case

brazil-low-g-tenor-2.jpg

Lopes instrumentos from Brazil made the one in the first pics, and in the pic Pete posted. They make Galassine saxes and are bass and bari builders. These pics were doing the rounds about 8 years ago, when I saw them on Alan Tucker's C mel website/blog.

Back
Top Bottom