support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

what is it about old men and their saxophones???

I love this guy's style, awful posture, clumsy fingering, loose embouchure and a fantastic sound! I love it, true old school sax player.

Obviously Tenor Sax is an old person's instrument....................................

Hi all, 4 months ago I saw and heard Maestro Graves on Utube. I last played an instrument 70 years ago Bflat Clarinet, then gave it up after one year due to moving to a new school which was more military minded than music. This gentleman inspired me so I went and hired an alto, blew down a horn for the first time in my life first week in January 2012. Believe it or not I still remembered my basics about the clarinet, embouchure and breathing techniques and found I could get a passable sound. Next step was to find a good teacher which I did. Still got a long way to go but I`m happily reading and playing Round Midnight, Impressions, Song for my Father etc. Tone passable, so here is another old man and his saxophone, thanks to Mr Graves. Best regards to all and look forward to picking up tips and technicalities fom forum subscribers. Navarro.

Reactions: Jay
This guy has all the credentials. I love how this gentleman plays the saxophone. Highly intelligent!

:headscratch:Wonder where he got his trousers from?

I'm saying nothing about his attire :blush: i could easily dress like that today and i'm only 50 !!! :eek:

Great playing he's got a lovely smooth tone, with plenty of feeling when he plays :thumb:love it

just listened to 'stormy weather' lovely relaxing sound :)

and Misty

and Stardust

and have just subscribed i'm hooked :D

Last edited by a moderator:
:headscratch:Wonder where he got his trousers from?

I can guess about the trousers, but don't you just dig the hat?

A very enjoyable, and inspirational, listen - he's got the lot for me and the draining off of the gravy at the end puts it all in perspective. I shall pass away a happy hour or two on You-Tube following my new hero.

Thanks, Jack, for drawing attention to it.

Dave

Thanks Guys and Gals for a really warm welcome, Cut up my zimmer frame and sold it for its scrap metal value. Other piece of good news is I have been invited to attend a big band beginners section to see how I get on. Best Regards Navarro

Hi all, 4 months ago I saw and heard Maestro Graves on Utube. I last played an instrument 70 years ago Bflat Clarinet, then gave it up after one year due to moving to a new school which was more military minded than music. This gentleman inspired me so I went and hired an alto, blew down a horn for the first time in my life first week in January 2012. Believe it or not I still remembered my basics about the clarinet, embouchure and breathing techniques and found I could get a passable sound. Next step was to find a good teacher which I did. Still got a long way to go but I`m happily reading and playing Round Midnight, Impressions, Song for my Father etc. Tone passable, so here is another old man and his saxophone, thanks to Mr Graves. Best regards to all and look forward to picking up tips and technicalities fom forum subscribers. Navarro.

That make good sense ... :thumb:

Sounds to me like you are at the beginning of a really enjoyable journey ...

As the comment says, "Great soul." That is a misspelling, it should be sole as he is playing the Hammond with his feet.

As for Andy's comment, sheer jealousy regarding his playing ability.

Footnote for Andy:-The trousers are not suitable for a 'grass session but clawhammer? Yes.

He can be heard playing the alto on this one. "You Go To My Head" and the sax is an old Selmer USA. I don't have a link for it.

Jim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that posting T well this guy is getting the kudos he deserves. He always looks and plays so relaxed and technique to die for. regds N..

I love this guy's style, awful posture, clumsy fingering, loose embouchure and a fantastic sound! I love it, true old school sax player.
'n' don't forget he's 'marking time' living in Florida 'n' waiting for the 'Cocoon' to spice up his sex life...

Back
Top Bottom