support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

What I like about this forum

Lewis.S

Locality
Hertfordshire, England
Hi everybody

I was reading some comments on my threads and thought:
"Wow, peoples opinions, knowledge and passion really jumps out in every post, not to mention the dreams!"

What do you like about this forum?:gathering:

Lewis;}

They are not dreams, Lewis, nightmares caused by guilty consciences. :)

If you say so Old Git, if you so.
(Not tryin' to insult you or anything)

Lewis;}

There are many things i like about this forum, one thing I like is the honesty! Yes, I know that this is the Internet and therefore we could be anybody hiding behind our forum names, but when you read peoples posts, you get a feeling for who, and what they are. Chris98's diary, Visionari1's blog, OG and Young Col' humour, Griff and Stephen Howard's helpfull assistance on all things technical. I could go on and I apologise to those I haven't mentioned, but the thing I like the most, (here's the cheesy bit) are all the people who make up this forum.

THANK YOU ALL :welldone:thankyou:

I am able to learn so much from this forum. :thankyou:

Big thanks from me to all as well - and thanks for being a great bunch!!!!!!!!

& an even bigger thanks to Pete for the forum!

:welldone:welldone:welldone

I certainly endorse all the opinions above. Another thing I like about this forum is that no-one tries to "score points" off your posts, so the main point of the thread is not masked. Also there aren't lots of pointless posts saying "yeah" or "cool" or something to wade through before you get something new added to the thread. And the humour. And the depth of knowledge. I've learned huge amounts here (and from Pete's main site; a great resource).

Season's greetings and a Happy New Year.

Well done Lewis, i think it is that we all go along this journey of sax playing which we all love and have a passion for and we all seem to have the same problems and challenges along the way. Having someone who can guide you and give impartial advice is so helpful. What is also nice is that once you have passed a certain point you are also able to help someone in turn. That is what i like about the forum, oh! and the banter. Phil :welldone

I agree with everything! I have learnt so much and it has only been two days on the forum!:) Alot from Linkeelee's comparison of reeds on the forum archives!

Lewis;}

great bunch of folks- good levle of banter &, when i first joined there was an on-going discussion on Beefheart, Peter Hammill and Cathal Coughlan- showing I was among folks who share my love of the obscure and spiky (Bob Greene & Jules from York, where are you?)

I think this forum compared to it's american cousin,Sax on the web is much more relaxed and it's member's are much nicer and seem much more down to earth.We here seem to belong to a much more friendly and helpfull group,a very close unit i think.We have our say and opinion's but no 1 is ever brash,big ego,nasty or a total *++*.There's load's of great advice,help and thought's.Lot's of humour and laugh's.Long live our own Cafe Sax and Pete has done a fantastic job.:welldone

Probably Dartmoor. ;}
If that doesn't get them posting or suing, nothing will.

I agree with most of what's already been said, except old git (can't read the yellow writing)

I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and distinctly british sense of humour, this for me really makes this forum quite special, it's a fun place to share, learn and enjoy all things saxophone and sax related.

Top marks to Pete for input over the years.:welldone

Cheers & Ciao

Jimu:mrcool

Although this is a sax basically forum, and I don't play a sax, but a keyboard, people in here have been very knowledeable, helpful, and kind in answering low-level questions of mine, and I have also studied replies that to others that have inspired me enough to make some progress, compared to when I joined this place. Thanks everyone and happy holidays.

Back
Top Bottom