support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

What do you think so far? (Word Games threads)

The word games

• Love

• Hate

• Don't really care either way

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
We started the word games due to demand:

So what do we all think? Love, hate or indifferent.

Seems like the advanced game is becoming more popular.

What I do like is that one can either ignore a thread or, if subscribed, that thread doesn't flood the "new posts" feed. So the games don't muck-up the business end of the forum... As much as on some fora.

The advanced is the one I like. The other is just not challenging enough.
I'm not sure there will be an end to it as it can be addicting. It would be nice to have more folks participating but the ones there are great! (sans myself)

A more challenging game on the level of 'Only Connect' would be better.
In this game it never takes as long as five seconds to think of one or ten seconds for a better one.

Last edited:
My big problem I suppose is that to me the associations seem to be extremely obscure. Most of them I don't get. I don't think it should be necessary to have to explain them, or to be so obscure nobody would get them. Or maybemy brain has just got way to much fog in it these days.

Last edited:
Some are so obscure it’s not so amusing anymore. I need all my (scarce) brain cells for my job but the threads have been mostly fun.
May I suggest an audible one? Like guess the note/chord/intro…..etc for a change.

My big problem I suppose is that to me the associaons seems to be extremely obscure. Mot of them I don't get. I don'tb think it should be necssary to have tom expalin them, or to be so obscure nobodyy would get them. Or may my brain has just got way to much fog in it these days.
Not just you, I struggle with a few too :)

I agree, either too obscure or maybe just not associated, but seems pointless to challenge almost every one
A few of the links can be oblique to say the least, but I quite enjoy trying to work them out; not always successfully.
Challenging (although it shouldn't, it is a game after all) seems a bit confrontational, and it might get wearisome if it happened all the time. Maybe if an entry gets three 'I don't understand' ratings the entrant must explain?

I agree, either too obscure or maybe just not associated, but seems pointless to challenge almost every one

Interestingly how would that work without copyright issues?
I think you can use a few seconds, have you noticed on the TV they will use a 'snatch' of a tune.
I think less than 30 seconds and they don't have to pay.

Is not seeing the connection but not challenging like not wanting to be the only child in the class to put their hand up?

Last edited:
Is not seeing the connection but not challenging like not wanting to be the only child in the class to put their hand up?
I'm not sure.
Seems to me there are various kinds of connections people play on, like there are various kinds of crossword clue. When you know to look for certain kinds of connection it may be obvious, but baffling otherwise. So not so much embarrassing or dumb but missing a perspective. Read through the thread and most kinds of connection might become apparent

Can you give an example?
I think I did an anagram once? Or at least a close approximation.
People do "it's geographically related" or "it's to do with time/seasons" or to do with movement or sentiment. Indeed, when folks hook onto "to do with" relationships it can develop into a little story or conversation, which is fun.
But, as everyone's an individual, what one person sees as "to do with" may by quite inscrutable to others.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom