All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Misc, Other What do you get when you combine a sop, a Tubax, two cellos, drums, and a melodica

jrintaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAbahejW5EE ("Drying out & Adder-shelf")

Alamaailman Vasarat, "The Hammers of the Underworld", a Finnish band playing quite weird music.

They've also got some pretty surrealistic music videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRr230J4mH8 ("Your kebab or your life!")

They're located in the capital city area where I also live, so I go see them play live every couple of months. Always worth every penny.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Re: What do you get when you combine a sop, a Tubax, two cellos, drums, and a melodic

They are great!
Why "Dubrovnik"?

Nick Wyver

noisy
Café Supporter
Re: What do you get when you combine a sop, a Tubax, two cellos, drums, and a melodic

I have a few of their albums. Excellent band.

jrintaha

They are great!
Why "Dubrovnik"?

Dubrovnik is a film noir lounge styled stage/bar smack in the middle of Helsinki. Hence the Dubrovnik sign in the background. As to why it's called Dubrovnik I have no idea. It's managed by the only (even remotely) famous Finnish film director Aki Kaurismäki.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator

Dubrovnik is a film noir lounge styled stage/bar smack in the middle of Helsinki. Hence the Dubrovnik sign in the background. As to why it's called Dubrovnik I have no idea. It's managed by the only (even remotely) famous Finnish film director Aki Kaurismäki.

Dubrovnik is a beautiful coastal town in Croatia, and back in the day it would have been really uncool (like Tomos scooters).

MellowD

Lost In Theory

LOL That was well worth 7 minutes of my life. Enjoyed it so much I had to share it with some musician pals who aren't on this forum. It sounds absolutely great, and yet my mind kept going to Adams Family on some kind of recreationally available assistance.

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom