All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

What are your Fantasies?

Hal the Elder

Mine is bringing my Tenor Saxophone onto the main stage of Royal Albert Hall, and with nobody else in the building, playing Rule Brittania.

HAL

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
..Playing in Tom Waits' band a Wiemar Republic style bar in Berlin.... and other stuff.....

compound

Drums being my first instrument, it would have to be backing the late great Jimmy Smith playing a mix of Blues-Jazz and soul on the Hammond B3. For me the greatest Jazz organist ever. If you like impro listen to this guy, check him out on Spotify.
Rob.

Last edited by a moderator:

sushidushi

Mine's an espresso
Being able to play the sax well.:ashamed
That's exactly what I was going to say. I need more focus before that will ever happen. Really, I'd just like to be able to say that I play the sax, rather than saying that I have a sax.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Emerging playing an incredible solo out of one those triple forte Basie 'twixt choruses bits.

Unfortunately, The Kid is deceased and some seem to think and wish that I had achieved that status.>:)

navarro

Ladies and Gentleman, It gives me great pleasure to announce the winner of this years ` Better than Charlie Parker Award.` for 2012.

3rd Runner up some bloke from Peckham been playing for 42 years and puts his dynamics down to a pint of Guinness and 40 untipped Woodbine's a day. A six bar rendering with no repeats of `Omithology` was accepted by the judges due to the `blokes` shortness of breath.

2nd runner up. A lady hairstylist who specializes in left handed styling due to the loss of her right while using a bacon slicer. Her rendering of ` Bird gets the Worm ` using a specially adapted alto, deserves a very special award.

1st place Navarro for his rendering of the complete `Yardbird Suite.` while writing a letter to the Times, Unfortunately Mr Navarro can not be here tonight to accept the award as he is fantasizing about his acceptance speech when he receives the Nobel Prize for Bulls--t. How about that for a fantasy?:mrcoolaka N.

What

Being able to play in public with out getting arrested for public indecency. Take what you will from that.;}

compound

Ladies and Gentleman, It gives me great pleasure to announce the winner of this years ` Better than Charlie Parker Award.` for 2012.

3rd Runner up some bloke from Peckham been playing for 42 years and puts his dynamics down to a pint of Guinness and 40 untipped Woodbine's a day. A six bar rendering with no repeats of `Omithology` was accepted by the judges due to the `blokes` shortness of breath.

2nd runner up. A lady hairstylist who specializes in left handed styling due to the loss of her right while using a bacon slicer. Her rendering of ` Bird gets the Worm ` using a specially adapted alto, deserves a very special award.

1st place Navarro for his rendering of the complete `Yardbird Suite.` while writing a letter to the Times, Unfortunately Mr Navarro can not be here tonight to accept the award as he is fantasizing about his acceptance speech when he receives the Nobel Prize for Bulls--t. How about that for a fantasy?:mrcoolaka N.
Hi navarro, you should write comedy sketches your good mate. :welldone:welldone

dooce

Playing on a big stage in front of a huge, up-for-it audience, with a big ****-off PA and video screens the size of Wimbledon centre court. See my avatar (Mars Williams at the Hop Farm Festival)

:)

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator

You are a winner!

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom