What are you doing for the rest of your life?

jbtsax

Subscriber
Nice. One of my favorite songs. On gigs we used to call it "What Are You Doing Dressed Up As My Wife". Michel Legrand wrote many beautiful songs. Watch What Happens was another of his tunes we used to play a lot at gigs.

OP
Colin the Bear

Colin the Bear

I can't recommend these Rico Reserve reeds highly enough. They don't sound much different to the vandoren when you're playing but they have a certain something when you record. A bit more saxophoney. Technical term:rolleyes:

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
I can't recommend these Rico Reserve reeds highly enough. They don't sound much different to the vandoren when you're playing but they have a certain something when you record. A bit more saxophoney. Technical term:rolleyes:
I think I might have a couple of those somewhere RICO were giving a few samples away when I went to the sax weekend at the RNCM must root them out and give them another try, jazz selects have always been my go to reed and 3m the strength they have always seemed to be the most consistant

Ivan

Undecided
And recorded with the mic I bought second hand because I wanted the case. :rolleyes:
Sounds great, such cheer, worthy of a Jacques Tati soundtrack

Haven't heard your playing for a long while, Colin, but something about this recording makes me think I am listening to you in the same room, not you playing in the hall and me along the corridor.... microphone?

OP
Colin the Bear

Colin the Bear

I picked a different reverb for this one. Maybe it matches the backing track more closely. I think not recording for a while has broken some bad habits I was getting into. Mic is a USB condenser of unknown make.

Top Bottom