SYOS

What an odd feeling

Amaranth

OK I'm a little odd I admit but I just posted an advert on Gumtree to sell my old Tenor and try and pay for a bit of the new one and now I feel sort of disloyal.
And sad.
Weird huh?

Aly

Linky Lee

I did when I sold the first tenor I had. You do grow attached to your horns.
I'm never selling my first ever horn. Partly because I found out it's a jem too.
A 1925 Martin Handcraft in great condition it now sits in it's hiscox case all the time apart from special occasions.

Taz

Busking Oracle
I think that to play an instrument with feeling, you have to become attached to it, I couldnt sell my first sax....nor the other two..

(pssst don't tell Mrs Taz)

OP
A

Amaranth

I have to really as I promised to do so when I was allowed to buy the Cannonball.
It does look lonely in its little advert though - I might have to buy it myself :)

Taz

Busking Oracle
I have to really as I promised to do so when I was allowed to buy the Cannonball.
It does look lonely in its little advert though - I might have to buy it myself :)
Great Idea, you could give yourself a huge discount and therfore boast that you saved loads of money at the same time! :w00t: :w00t: :welldone

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Great Idea, you could give yourself a huge discount and therfore boast that you saved loads of money at the same time! :w00t: :w00t: :welldone
And you've not broken your promise....

Selling a sax is like selling your kids. Tempting at times, but not worth it in the long run.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Selling a sax is like selling your kids. Tempting at times, but not worth it in the long run.
I disagree....I'd sell my kids tomorrow......actually...... Anyone want to by three kids, all boys all profits to Pete's charity? :w00t:

AlanU

Yes it does feel like a betrayal.
It can feel worse in years to come when you regret selling it.

I recently sold a very beautiful bass guitar and when the buyer came round and had tried it he asked 'are you sure you want to sell it?'
He knew, and I thought it very sweet of him.

Martin Handcraft alto in a Hiscox case? Sounds like me!

OP
A

Amaranth

Well I regretfully waved goodbye to my first Saxophone today as it left to go and live in Wycombe.
Like a fool I played it before the chap came and it was so easy and so light!
I'm so soft, I gave him the Lightweight Walstein case and the In Bell stand and a Harness as well as the T25 mpc to keep the Sax company:(
And all for the measly price of £250 - small price to pay for a broken heart :(

Aly

Young Col

Gosh Aly, just read that as I had half an eye on the TV getting to the weepy bit in Top Gun where Goose gets killed. Can't take too much of that. Look at it this way, at least your sax is still alive! Got to get back up there like Maverick!
Colin

OP
A

Amaranth

Gosh Aly, just read that as I had half an eye on the TV getting to the weepy bit in Top Gun where Goose gets killed. Can't take too much of that. Look at it this way, at least your sax is still alive! Got to get back up there like Maverick!
Colin
Yeah today myself and my Cuckoo Cannonball are off to practice some Amy Winehouse with our Singer...life goes on.
PS I'd rather have my Defender than an F16 ;)

dooce

Cuckoo Cannonball - I like that. I still have to steel myself to sell my old Conn 10M which the CB usurped in my affections. Just cannot bring myself to put it on The Devils Junkyard - the old girl deserves better than that.

Top Bottom