Tutorials

What a wonderful world...

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM
The sun is shining, the grass is green, the Elder and Birch trees sway...
(No no, it's not a completely misplaced twisted Christmas ode)

As you probably don't know, I live at the edge of a large forest. A huge beautiful forest with wildlife of all sorts, even bears and wolves. The last couple of weeks I have been going for long walks after work. Putting on a rucksack with a bit of food and water, heading out and just appreciating the stillness and beauty of the woodland.

Last Sunday was a particularly great day, all sunny and with a mild breeze. I was humouring myself by following some animal tracks for a couple of hours when I came across a small meadow deep inside the forest. I sat down at the rim of the clearing resting my back against the trunk of a pine tree. Birds were twittering in some leaf trees, the wind played gently in the tree tops and it was very nice. A small Robin decided to sit still for a microsecond and I managed to get a picture of it before it flew away.

As I was eating my slices of bread (with the infamous brown goat cheese) I noticed some small red dots on the other side of the meadow. The curiosity got the better part of me, and I walked over to see what it was. To my pleasant surprise it was a patch of wild strawberries. And when I looked closer, the whole clearing was full of them.

Luckily I had put my slices of bread in a Tupperware box. I left the rest of my food out for mice, crows and foxes to enjoy, and started filling the box with tasty, succulent, delicious berries.

At the end of the day, I got about half a litre of wild strawberries to put in the freezer, and about the same amount went straight down my tummy as I only managed to show the same restraint as a magpie in a silverware drawer.

Oh yes, life is good

OP
rudjarl

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM
Hi Kev

And now for the blueberries, cranberries.... And maybe some raspberries. You're a lucky man. Thanks for sharing it with us!
And don't forget the mushrooms. Yesterday I found a big nice ceps that tasted just wonderful :)

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Ceps...... Souds a bit early. But I agree, wonderful. Spent a summer holiday in Sweden a few years ago. Wonderful mushrooms... Ceps (lots of varieties), Chanterelles....

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Top Bottom