All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Rock & Pop What a great track. Cannot believe I missed this one years ago.......

Rob Pealing

sax in a kayak (apprentice sax tamer)
Locality
Greenfield, Nova Scotia, Canada
Not to my taste, leaves me stone cold.

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
Don't get me wrong i like a bit of Alanis

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
Not to my taste, leaves me stone cold.
I'm with you there!
even 2 of my children (17 and 21) asked if I liked it and did we need to continue listening!
I felt I should listen to the whole song before passing judgement.
Judgement was that I didn't need to listen again.

Rob Pealing

sax in a kayak (apprentice sax tamer)
Locality
Greenfield, Nova Scotia, Canada
Try you with this...................................a little Northern Soul.....................
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqPis5c8480

Better, I guess I first became aware of this type of music which I think of as Reggie in about "67 when I went to a dance in Brum but even in my teens never became a fan. About that time a couple of lads at school, Billy Ronan ( (trombone )and Dean Price (clarinet ) started playing Trad Jazz and I was hooked,

Pegwill

Gipsy Woman I think was written by Curtis Mayfield. Check out The Curtis Mayfield and the Impressions version. Not really to much difference except the rock steady beat, I prefer this version though. Probably from the same time frame 1967.

BUMNOTE

Locality
Wolverhampton West Midlands
Never heard that played at any Northern Soul nights I have been to good track though,more of a reggae track,probally more chance of hearing the Curtis Mayfield version..check out Curtis Mayfield,s Move On Up.Bumnote.:happydance:.

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
It was indeed a Curtis Mayfield cover. I used to get these singles for nothing from the record company as it was based around the corner from where I was brought up in London. Will post a few more but definitely NO trad jazz! Now that leaves me cold!

Nick Wyver

noisy
Café Supporter
Locality
Minster On Sea
Nope. Can't quite see what Alanis Morissette has got to do with early reggae.

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Nope. Can't quite see what Alanis Morissette has got to do with early reggae.
Correct, she has nothing to do with early reggae. In fact the track I posted is about the only one of her's that I like.

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
:).
That's OK. If we all liked the same there would be no variety, therefore nothing to explore.
Agree with you Rob. It doesn't mean that the music is not appreciated.....just not enjoyed as much as something that "grabs" you!

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom