support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

What a Coffee Morning!

TomMapfumo

Locality
Skabertawe, South Wales
Exactly!

After getting up and having breakfast..........

1. I log on to Cafe Saxophone.

2. After that I play tenor Sax on my Mouthpiece Cafe House Blend mouthpiece.

3. I set off for a walk with my dog, Tiz, on the Gower coast, between Caswell Bay and Langland Bay

4. On Langland beach we meet an 8mo chocolate lab called Capuccino, who is one of a litter of 8 - all names variously - Mocha, Espresso, Latte and so on.

5. 2 1/2 hours later we head home and I am back on Cafe Saxophone, with a pot of Coffee, writing a new thread, before playing on my Mouthpiece Cafe NYC Alto mouthpiece.

6. Fridays don't get much better than that............................;}

1 Get up at 06:00
2 Ride for an hour to work
3 Work. All day.

…..Woken up at 4.30am by my 2 year old daughter whacking my son over the head with a welly boot to wake him up….Think it’s an “I demand to be entertained. Wake up jester”
….. Up at 5am with aforementioned daughter. Prepare very tasty looking dinner (Moroccan lamb tagine) to go into the oven when I get back in…. Very organized of me.
….Coffee
…. In my role as court jester senior for my feisty sproglet; a bit of Duplo construction, a bit of Pingu…..
…7.15am wake up rest of family- cook bacon and eggs for breakfast
...7.50am Off to say hello to a room full of saxophones
……….feeling vaguely human but I suspect the façade will crumble as the afternoon progresses…….

I must admit it is nice when your youngest sproglet wakes up at 7.45am, prepares her own breakfast and then walks to school with a friend, and returns home at 3.40pm to join us for afternoon tea - only 8 years to go, Jules................;}

I'm holding out for the pair of them making breakfast for all of us & maybe even getting the evening tagine ready too! Totally off topic- how's your custom soprano 'piece shaping up? I've been intigued by this one.....

Absolutely brilliant - such a good experience working with Joe at Soprano Planet from start to finish. Nothing touches it out of those I have tried (Yani HR 5, Berg 70/1, V16 S6, Brancher J15, Rico Royal S7, Yamaha 6CM, PPT 6) - shall I get you one for your birthday?

Kind regards
Tom

I must admit it is nice when your youngest sproglet wakes up at 7.45am, prepares her own breakfast and then walks to school with a friend, and returns home at 3.40pm to join us for afternoon tea - only 8 years to go, Jules................;}

Indeedy... we are now reaching the far end of child rearing - one off to Uni, only 2 to go :welldone

Trust me, whatever my mum says, once they each turn 18, they are no longer my problem :))) :)))

Today, I have played my Alto, then my baritone, then went to the supermarket to source dinner, lunched, played more baritone. Am about to prepare dinner - moussaka - for me, the much beloved and daughter no.2. Son and German exchange partner are off to LaserQuest, while I go to my Sax quartet rehearsal.
After years spent raising 3 small children single handedly and working full-time, I just love finally being able to do what I want, when I want.

I'm not in a normal routine at the moment due to an operation last week, so another week or so yet.... A couple of hours each morning are consumed with consequences of the op.. :-X .

Sadly, my tastebuds are off-colour and I'm off coffee - which I am very partial to!:crying:I usually have Ethiopian or Yemeni mocha.... At least I managed to make a pasta carbonara for lunch with mushrooms, pancetta, a few herbs and some cream, marscapone and parmesan... (in my condition the raw egg is best avoided :)).

I finally got round to submitting my first blog entry this morning and this afternoon I worked on writing-up some music theory notes which I started a while ago. I might be taking a few sessions with some people from the choral society (mostly sopranos - it's usually sopranos - they always have the tune....so they tend (treading carefuly) to be less well read on theory) to crunch some basic music theory.

As for dinner/supper, I'm thinking cottage pie: onions, minced beef, carrot, mushrooms, cumin, herbs, chilli flakes, stock, tomato purée, worcestershire sauce, tobasco sauce; spuds, cream, butter, nutmeg, grated parmesan, seasoning, not necessarily in that order:p.

I'm hoping to start playing sax again next week. :happydance:

Last edited by a moderator:
Up at 6.00,work 7 -7 12hr shifts,home 7.15 half hr sax,out at 8pm teach martial art till 9pm -10pm,home 11pm,start again tomorrow.cant wait till i get time to put in more sax practice,must be nice,mind you work very dodgey at moment,that time may come qiucker than anticipated!!.Dave.

Jon,
Here's your reward,

THANK YOU FROM US PENSIONERS.

:)))

It does actually give me great pleasure to say to my Dad, "I'm paying your ******* pension, you know".

The day did perk up. After a pleasant blast home in the Autumn sunshine, I got in to find a new Celestron Omni 12mm Plossl had arrived. No time yet for any serious use, but I just pointed the 'scope out of an open window and had a lovely look at the moon. The wife and kids did as well, and they were amazed by the view. Pin sharp and contrasty, great.

Jon

:)))

It does actually give me great pleasure to say to my Dad, "I'm paying your ******* pension, you know".

The day did perk up. After a pleasant blast home in the Autumn sunshine, I got in to find a new Celestron Omni 12mm Plossl had arrived. No time yet for any serious use, but I just pointed the 'scope out of an open window and had a lovely look at the moon. The wife and kids did as well, and they were amazed by the view. Pin sharp and contrasty, great.

Jon
I've moved on to musical instruments - it's a while since I had a GAS attack in that realm - last time it cost me three Lanthanum eyepieces:). I have a 20mm Plossl which is very nice....

This morning, I got up at 5, stuffed some breakfast down my throat and went to work for a 6.30 start. I then got into on of these

stobart.jpg

and drove it until 21.00hrs this evening!

No sax for me again today! :crying: :ashamed :verysad

Got up at six as usual. Did the normal ablut. Woke the family. Decided I was feeling worse than yesterday and that it was time to take a day sick. Laid the table. Chked the caff to see if Old Git and the rest of you were behaving. Had coffee after breakfast. This made my headache much better (as in stronger/more painful). Took the kids to school (shouldn't have done, my distnace perception is shot). Sat at home and did nothing else all day except check the caff and play Sudoku. That made my head hrut more. Feeling a bit better today.

I've moved on to musical instruments - it's a while since I had a GAS attack in that realm - last time it cost me three Lanthanum eyepieces:). I have a 20mm Plossl which is very nice....

I've got a 20 mm spanner which is also very nice.

BST Explorers for ever.

post script:-You forgot that Plössl is spelt Plössl, you Lanthium snob.>:)

OG, what's Lanthium? Are you mixing up lithium and lanthanum? >:)

He's clever, mind.........................;}

I got up at 6.00am this morning to watch Wales cruise into the semi-finals.
Clever, mind................................;}

Back
Top Bottom