All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Weymouth Festival 27th July to the 12th August

Taz

Busking Oracle
Weymouth Bayside Festival 27th July to the 12th August

Is anyone going? I just thought I'd ask as The UK Pink Floyd Tribute Show have been booked to headline Tuesday the 7th of August!!! I'm really excited about this as it'll be my biggest gig ever. The organizers recon that if it's a poor turnout then we could be playing to as few people as 4,000! If it's busy then we'll be looking at more like 10,000

Is it ok to be nervous now? :shocked:

Weymouth Bayside Festival

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Re: Weymouth Bayside Festival ***CANCELLED****

Apparently the festival has been cancelled due to it going into receivership, if that's the correct term. They have made a loss of around £70,000 due to far fewer visitors than they had hoped for! To say that I'm gutted is an understatement. I had really got myself worked up for this on as it would have been my biggest gig to date. Also, the implications for the band are huge as this would have been a fantastic addition to our CV. Well, I'm a great believer in thing happening for a reason, so it was meant to be. What I do hope is that no ones on here has lost money on tickets in advance.
Oh well, onwards and upwards as they say!

Last edited by a moderator:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber

Pity, lotds of other gigs ahead, though Taz

dooce

Sad news Pete, I know how much you were looking forward to it, but there have been so many cancellations of festivals just recently - as if the recession wasn't doing enough damage, the weather has finished off all but the very lucky ones.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom