PPT mouthpieces

Wendy, I'm home!

TonyMoroney

Locality
Richmond, VA, USA
Hi Guys,

Apols for the absence (I suspect most hadn't noticed) but for those that were waiting for map updates, I'll get them done.

The last several months involved lots of paperwork and lots of travel as we finally got to the top of the adoption list, and we are now are parents of a wonderful little girl. It's been a whirlwind, but worth every moment of stress, and cost.

Anyway, I'm ready to starting adding my inane thoughts to everyone's threads again :)

Cheers

Tony.

Hey good to see you back and congrats on the little girl. What's her name and how old is she?

Hi Ian,

Her name is Lily and she's a wonderfully challenging 29 months :) and smart as a whip, which makes her even more of a handful. Took us 3 and a half years, possibly the longest gestation every :)

Tony.

Hi Ian,

Her name is Lily and she's a wonderfully challenging 29 months :) and smart as a whip, which makes her even more of a handful. Took us 3 and a half years, possibly the longest gestation every :)

Tony.

Straight in with the terrible two's eh ha ha. Great.

Hi Ian,

Tony.

Congratulations Tony!

Well done.

Yet another wanted, not as in my case only by the police, little person.

Congratulations Tony. You're a star for doing the adoption.
YC

Welcome back Tony, many congratulations on the new arrival. In my opinion, there's only one way to celebrate this properly! Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Tony. Hope you are explaining to her the benefits of learning the major scales.

Thanks for all the congrats everyone... it's been a whirlwind... the sax practice stops early now due to her bedtime :)

T

Good luck. Hope it goes well, I'm sure she'll get all the love she needs from the two of you. As for sax.... She'll get used to it, and may enjoy you playing her to sleep, you never know.

Good news, and congratulations. And I would like to put in a plug for the harmonic minor scales.

My congratulations too. Years of joy lie ahead of you.

(And my hobby horse - a plug for the mundane benefits of maths. Teach em its fun while they're young. If you can stop other folk indoctrinating her to think its difficult only good can come of it.)

Many congratulations. I love the name Lily, and now I just keep singing Pictures of Lily, Lily oh Lily.

Thanks again everyone.

@kev, beck - Regards to the Sax, she loves it, she loves the guitar and all forms of music, in fact she hears tunes once and after a few goes can sing the melody back to us, correct pitch, etc, she also has an amazing memory. In fact my Resophonic is on a stand where she can strum it when she feels the urge and Open G is very easy on the ears!

We'll see where it goes....

@jadoube thanks ... my wife has half a degree in mathematics (a minor - it's an American thing), so that won't be an issue I'm sure :) .. incidentally have you noticed how much press the Khan Academy is getting now... if you've not checked it out, you should!! http://www.khanacademy.org/

@sue - yeah, tune was stuck in my head for weeks after we got her home!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@jadoube thanks ... my wife has half a degree in mathematics (a minor - it's an American thing), so that won't be an issue I'm sure :) .. incidentally have you noticed how much press the Khan Academy is getting now... if you've not checked it out, you should!! http://www.khanacademy.org/

Thanks, I'd never come across the man before. Love it. What a praiseworthy ambition.

Good to know she loves it.

As for maths... Try working out the pitches, where the tone holes should be, and how large they should be. Really interesting exercise! And as an afterthought, just how long is the missing part of the neck that's replaced by the mouthpiece?

For some strange reason maths and music go well together. Until you start trying to reconcile pitches, frequencies, temperaments.....

Back
Top Bottom