SYOS

Weltklang Solist Low-A baritone

Kumimajava

Next up for sale is this Weltklang Low-A bari.

Serviced around February/March this year, an played only a few times since. this is one of the 'Solist' models, which according to some players is more desirable than non-solist models (i haven't had the chance for a direct comparison). It has that double-low-A mechanism (you can activate low-A either through the left-hand pinky cluster, or using the left-hand thumb).

So, a sturdy, well-built low-A Baritone, recently serviced and ready to play.

Priced at £1100 ono, with the appropriate donation to Pete's charity.

Postage: for now, it's 'pick up only' from Oxford, or I could agree to deliver within a reasonable distance.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Please, will someone buy this sax! I keep on being tempted every time I look at this (they're great horns) but I've just moved house so really shouldn't be considering new kit.... Someone, get this temptation away from me!!!

Kumimajava

Thanks for the support Jules - I very much wish someone on the forum would have taken it by now :(

as nobody showed interest, I've put this up for auction (you know where), and it should end on Sunday. Though if anyone on the forum were to take it today, I could still cancel the auction... would much rather it went to someone here.

thomsax

Yes, the Weltklang baris are nice. I played one like this in the late 70's. Sturdy sax. It survived many clubgigs. I played bari in a punkband!! I sold the Weltklnag when I bought my The Martin Baritone. Sometimes I regret that I sold the Weltklang !!! A sax like this would be perfect for Jules!!!!!

Thomas

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Yes, the Weltklang baris are nice. I played one like this in the late 70's. Sturdy sax. It survived many clubgigs. I played bari in a punkband!! I sold the Weltklnag when I bought my The Martin Baritone. Sometimes I regret that I sold the Weltklang !!! A sax like this would be perfect for Jules!!!!!

Thomas

You aren't helping Jules!!! >:)

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
You aren't helping Jules!!! >:)
Too right you're not.... Hm.... currently got no kitchen, need to replace most of the floorboards in my abode, new heating system needed..... I suspect blowing a grand on a horn might be frowned on by my family...

c9off

Too right you're not.... Hm.... currently got no kitchen, need to replace most of the floorboards in my abode, new heating system needed..... I suspect blowing a grand on a horn might be frowned on by my family...

You were thinking of moving on your 67r, so sell it to me & you can have this beast, knowing you have hankered towards one, go on - scratch the itch?!

(no kitchen funds will be threatened!)

old git

Tremendous Bore
Some of the best readers I've ever known were deaf mutes.

Trust I haven't betrayed your secret, Jules.