All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Wedding Music

littleplum

Hi folks

I need some help. I have been asked to play at a wedding on the 8th of July. The bride has just asked for some tunes. She would like
Fur Elise (Beethoven)
Moonlight Sonata (Beethoven)
Sheep may safely graze (Bach
Jesu Joy of mans desirest (Bach
Ave Maria (Schubert)
Bridal Chorus
Wedding March

Now I have sourced the dots, but its finding the backing tracks, any ideas where to find them would be very gratefully received.
There is a book called Classics for Weddings which does have four of these but its one of those that they dont carry in stock and could be at least a week before its posted, which is cutting it a bit fine.

Any help would be really useful folks

many thanks

Dave

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
I'm a solo sax wedding player as well as wedding bands player and check out the karaoke backing track sites,theres loads of cheap stuff.Easy downloads on your laptop.

Young Col

In the same sort of majestic vein as the brides' list, how about The Wedding. It's on Abdullah Ibrahim's Water from an Ancient Well album. I got the dots off the internet - I thought it was from Musicroom but a quick check shows it as ABRSM Publishing, an easy arrangement by Nikki Iles.
YC

Young Col

Whoops, sorry Dave, I scan-read your OP and read it that you were looking for additional pieces, rather than backing for the ones given! What I said stands anyway - I think The Wedding is a lovely piece.
YC

littleplum

Thanks young col, Ive got the wedding and the backing for that one. Regarding Karaoke sites I used spotify and they had no tracks that could be used as backing (always had the melody on top still) but I have come across a site called www.virtualsheetmusic.com They have all of these pieces and loads more, you can buy them individually but I bought a years membership for £25. That gives as much music as I want for free for 12 months. I got all of the pieces for the wedding apart froma backing track to the mendelsson wedding march, but I have set a task for a mate to make me a track.

You can get tunes in a variety of formats solo instruments duets quartets etc and you get the part plus piano score plus demo mp3 and performance mp3 and midi file if you want it.

I will certainly be using it again and would think a lot of forum members will find it useful

Thanks

Dave

daveysaxboy

Thanks young col, Ive got the wedding and the backing for that one. Regarding Karaoke sites I used spotify and they had no tracks that could be used as backing (always had the melody on top still) but I have come across a site called www.virtualsheetmusic.com They have all of these pieces and loads more, you can buy them individually but I bought a years membership for £25. That gives as much music as I want for free for 12 months. I got all of the pieces for the wedding apart froma backing track to the mendelsson wedding march, but I have set a task for a mate to make me a track.

You can get tunes in a variety of formats solo instruments duets quartets etc and you get the part plus piano score plus demo mp3 and performance mp3 and midi file if you want it.

I will certainly be using it again and would think a lot of forum members will find it useful

Thanks

Dave

The site i use at times you can do your own mix on the track.Take out a sax line,voice etc etc.Will find out the name again..

daveysaxboy

Here ya go

www.karaoke-version.com

you can take out the melody,voice,sax, etc etc etc,very cheap also,can change key ,tempo etc,make sure you listen and check your happy with your mix 1st.Its a great site.hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

littleplum

Thanks Davey

Told my wife about this site and she said,' yes, thats the site I showed you ages ago' whoops. Should really pay more attention.

Will certainly check thi site out when I have more time, some of the rock n rolls tunes without the sax solos will be first on the list.

Dave

daveysaxboy

Thanks Davey

Told my wife about this site and she said,' yes, thats the site I showed you ages ago' whoops. Should really pay more attention.

Will certainly check thi site out when I have more time, some of the rock n rolls tunes without the sax solos will be first on the list.

Dave

Glad to help,enjoy them tunes.

BUMNOTE

Hi all,i have been asked to play a couple of songs at friends wedding in six months time,at the moment they not sure what they want:doh:,anyway what I need first is some advice on what I need,ie what is best to use to play backing tracks on,do I need a mic on sax,do I play at back of room,front or side of room.At the moment I am looking at other wedding sax players sites to get some idea of songs to play,so any suggestions please would be welcome.Thanks Bumnote.

Colin the Bear

Play what you're most familiar with. Your best tunes. It's a wedding so love songs.

I use a mic for vocals but I don't use a mic for the saxophone but am usually ambiance not the main show

Some sort of PA will be needed for the backing tracks. I use this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pyle-Pro-PW..._sbs_MI_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=00RQG3NT5FFR7A3GRJDM

If there's a DJ booked you may be able to play your backing track there with a suitable mp3 player or memory stick/card

Look at the room when you arrive, talk to the hosts and pick a spot to set up. You need to be out of the way. I like a corner with my back to a wall. Less chance of inebriates sneaking up on you or knocking over your gear or spilling on it.

You need to leave a clear path to the bar and for waiting staff. If it's your first time you will be very nervous.

Top Bottom