Tutorials

web site building help....

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Hi guys- one for the more web/html savvy amongst us. I'm redoing chunks of fat45.com and have got as far as the gallery page. now then- I'm no web design epxert here- what's the normal way of making up a gallery section? are there 'off the shelf' chunks of coding which would help here? is it just a case of making up one new web page per image and a forward/backward controls?
any advice welcome....

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
It's great these day's that we have so much choice with the internet,web but i find my kid's find it so much more simple than me,the old boring dad who stumble's along asking what's all this cutting,copy and paste mean.Sorry i cant help Nacho,my computer skill's are very basic but hope you get sorted.

half diminished

Hi guys- one for the more web/html savvy amongst us. I'm redoing chunks of fat45.com and have got as far as the gallery page. now then- I'm no web design epxert here- what's the normal way of making up a gallery section? are there 'off the shelf' chunks of coding which would help here? is it just a case of making up one new web page per image and a forward/backward controls?
any advice welcome....
There's masses of options. I'd recommend jAlbum which is free a dead easy to use. Looks pretty professional if done well.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Not quite sure what you're doing, but baybe you need a content management system - like Joomla. This is code you install - and it manages all the photos and so on. Joomla is also free.

Lloyd

To do this effectively you need to either write some JavaScript or equivalent, alternatively web authoring software like Dreamweaver has this facility. Failing that you could create small, thumbnail versions of the photographs and place them on a web page. From each thumbnail you can then create a link to the larger photographs, which will open in a new window. It is best practice to load the thumbnails and orginals in the same file so that the browser can find them. If I am talking Nepalese then please PM me and I may be able to help.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Cafe Moderator
Hi guys- one for the more web/html savvy amongst us. I'm redoing chunks of fat45.com and have got as far as the gallery page. now then- I'm no web design epxert here- what's the normal way of making up a gallery section?
Am I right in thinking you have a Mac?

In which case you do it with iPhoto (Export>webpage)

Top Bottom