support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

We are proud to have supported this, thanks to YOU!

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
More info on where all the money from your kind donations, subscriptions to the cafe and TTS purchases go

Most recently:

Tales of the Young Person’s Orchestra (TYPO) was a community music project designed to familiarise children in special education to Western classical music. The Project was funded by The Radcliffe Trust and *Pete Thomas, an individual donor. (NB: I have asked them to change this text to Cafesaxophone)

TYPO was grounded on a reciprocal workshop strategy whereby participants explored the sound worlds, themes and characteristic instruments of classical music while also drawing on the nuances of their individual musical engagement. The music was not conventionally taught to the participants, but put at the service of their expressive, communicational and sensory needs and preferences. The final outcome, a performance, a recording, a sound collage, or a combination of all, was the result of a process of mutual discovery.

TYPO saw supported creative music-making take place in three Special Educational Needs settings in Southampton:

The Avenue (Rosewood Free School) – (19-25yrs with PMLD and SLD)

Springwell School – (4-11yrs with children within Autism Spectrum)

Mary Rose School – (2-16yrs with mixed SEN/D, SLD and PMLD setting)

Last edited:
Is it in the past tense due to a grammatical mistake or has the project ended?
I know as much as you do - I just pasted it from the SOCO site.

I inetend to stick with us funding SOCO for a while so next time I speak to them I'll get some news about future projects.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom