All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Wave

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
DeadAudiolink Removed

I don't know what's wrong with me. Played a 3 hour gig yesterday, busking for 3 hours today, a couple of hours practicing and still I feel the need to record and post something. It's not like I'm obsessed or anything is it?

Wade Cornell

Locality
New Zealand and Australia
Obsession can be a good thing when it gives something of beauty to others. Fine playing that (as always) comes from the heart.

Throatnote

Locality
South Bucks, UK
Hey Colin
Thanks for posting this tune i really dig it,super cool !!!
Nice tone ,tuning and feel.
Colin which backingtrack is this??
cheers

Profusia

Locality
Worcestershire
DeadAudiolink Removed

I don't know what's wrong with me. Played a 3 hour gig yesterday, busking for 3 hours today, a couple of hours practicing and still I feel the need to record and post something. It's not like I'm obsessed or anything is it?

No I suspect it just means you are really enjoying your sax playing at the moment, so revel in it. I'm at work but will try to take a listen later.

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
I just think you are a crazy sax obsessed jazzer. Lovely version of 'Wave' as always Colin.

Chris..

Throatnote

Locality
South Bucks, UK
Thanks Colin
biab seems impressive from the demos ive seen and the sounds are ok.

Could you or anyone else tell me if biab on its own is good enough for putting in notation and jazz phrasing and play it back acurately enough to help improve my reading. Or do i need a dedicated notation program?? i know there are some good apps ad well.
My goal is to play jazz and anything else interesting.but improve my improv and sight reading.
ever really did have a good foundation of reading with good articulation and phrasing skills.Although im working on my triple tonguing etc..im definitely going to have lessons. But I'm trying to get the right visual and aural learning aids and getting my practice room set up.
in the meanwhile I'm enjoying the long notes/overtones and the other usual arpps,scales and technique in general. With some harmony/theory and playing tunes.
But I'm starting to find my mouthpiece and reed combinations and look to forward to starting lessons with a pro in the autumn or early next year for the latest.
I see we very blessed with teaching choices in London and the south east.choices ,choices

Last edited by a moderator:

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Thanks Colin
biab seems impressive from the demos ive seen and the sounds are ok.

Could you or anyone else tell me if biab on its own is good enough for putting in notation and jazz phrasing and play it back acurately enough to help improve my reading. Or do i need a dedicated notation program?? i know there are some good apps ad well.
My goal is to play jazz and anything else interesting.but improve my improv and sight reading.
ever really did have a good foundation of reading with good articulation and phrasing skills.Although im working on my triple tonguing etc..im definitely going to have lessons. But I'm trying to get the right visual and aural learning aids and getting my practice room set up.
in the meanwhile I'm enjoying the long notes/overtones and the other usual arpps,scales and technique in general. With some harmony/theory and playing tunes.
But I'm starting to find my mouthpiece and reed combinations and look to forward to starting lessons with a pro in the autumn or early next year for the latest.
I see we very blessed with teaching choices in London and the south east.choices ,choices

I don't use BiaB for that sort of thing. I just type in the Chords and sort out the style and tempo and instruments etc.

I believe it will do what you're asking. You can type or play in a melody and it will harmonise it for you in a selection of styles. It will generate an instrumental solo. I had a trombonist playing the other day and couldn't shut him up. It was quite good too. I found him hiding in the string section and erased him lol.

Chris (above) is your man for Biab questions. I'm a relative noob with it.

Throatnote

Locality
South Bucks, UK
LOL:D cheers Colin will do.
just when you were happy with the drummers volume you suddenly had a phantom trombone player.

Throatnote

Locality
South Bucks, UK
Excuse the mistake Colin just changed it.

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon
First time I've heard this tune, thanks Colin. Another Latin one I can put on my list of 'tunes I really must try'

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Old standard. Wasn't it the theme tune for "wish you were here"? Holiday prog. Stan Getz does a nice version. It's a bit of a handful to play

Marcello

Locality
Anderson, South Carolina
DeadAudiolink Removed

This is by far one of my favorite songs ever.... The lyrics in Portuguese are really a Poem.
Indeed it was a very nice interpretation!

BTW, I recorded a version myself with some improvise (by ear only ;}) attempt, not sure if you had the chance to listen to it...

Cheers

Staff online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom