All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

WAV backing tracks

littleplum

Locality
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Hi Folks

I am after some advice and guidance . I have booked myself into a recording studio, really just to see what I sound like and what I then need to work with the intention of eventually recording a cd.

The backings I use at the moment are mp3 and gradually over the last few months I have started to notice the sound quality is not as good as I would like.

The recording engineer has asked for WAV file tracks.
So my question is, where can I get wav tracks that are recorded by live musicians rather than midi versions?

I don't mind paying for them if they are good, and all ideas are gratefully received.

Thanks

Dave

Clivey

Locality
Edinburgh/Hot Rock off African Coast
Hi Folks

I am after some advice and guidance . I have booked myself into a recording studio, really just to see what I sound like and what I then need to work with the intention of eventually recording a cd.

The backings I use at the moment are mp3 and gradually over the last few months I have started to notice the sound quality is not as good as I would like.

The recording engineer has asked for WAV file tracks.
So my question is, where can I get wav tracks that are recorded by live musicians rather than midi versions?

I don't mind paying for them if they are good, and all ideas are gratefully received.

Thanks

Dave

Speak to Chris .

Oh Incidently you can import any Mp3 into a DAW re EQ it , compress it more or less do anything to it then re-export it as a WAV. In theory you are losing the equivalent of a generation of resolution . in reality I doubt it. The real weak links in quality are usually down to circuit noise, cheap leads, guitar pots, Amps, earths and lousy ears LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
PM or email me Dave..

Chris..

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
Dave are you booked with Dom? I would have thought that Mp3s are fine, it's what I used and mine sound great.

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Doesn't the wav format have more data than an mp3. If you're using very high quality sound production equipment you'll notice the difference but not on your average hifi , ipod or pc speakers

littleplum

Locality
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Hi Pete yep I'm booked in with Dom for the end of September, just doing a trial session really. He said WAV preferably but mp3 would be ok if not. Chris is pointing me in the right direction and sorting me some tracks out.

Going to put some extra work in on long notes and tuning over the next few weeks!!

Jamesmac

Midi can be exported as WAV or MP3 and the sounds can be sampled ie real instruments. The end result depends on the arranger or composer, and can sound better than a live musician. For one thing, it will always be in tune. So easier to play along with.

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom