• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Wanted Yanagisawa A880 alto

MMM

Looking for an A880 but will consider an A500.
I would prefer one which would require new pads/work, lacquer condition not important!

I can offer in P/X either of: BC Dynaction alto, Buescher Big B, Buescher Aristocrat (140?) alto, Vito Leblanc alto, Martin Indiana tenor or Oxford Pierret Tenor: BUT please bare in mind all of these are in need of work, so they are not currently playable!

Thank you all!
M.

I noticed an A500 on eBay this morning for £499 or so. Looks nice, but I think they say that is not the top of the range model.

Rhys

If you want a Yanagisawa built sax you can look for a Corton Deluxe. These stencil saxes were made by Yanigisawa, Japan for the European market before Yanagisawa started to sell saxes under thier own name in Europe. Nice saxes. They often sells under the price of a new low priced Asian made sax. All Corton Deluxe I've seen have nicklelplated keys and laquered body. They also had a full saxline from ss to bs with low A. Here in Sweden they were imported and distributed by a well reputed firm so they are quite common overhere.

I have a Corton Deluxe alto for sale. It's from 1975 and I think it's the bore and taper from the A5 model that was introduced in 1965. With high F# key. Modern design of the keys. Plays ok but needs a service (cleaning, oil, check corks, keyheights and leaks...). The pads are workable. £ 370.00 including freight to UK (DHL Europak). I can upload some pictures if you are intersted.

Thomas

Thanks Rhys, I saw that but seems a bit expensive and the auction is not over!

Thomas, I thought I knew all of the stencils in the world! I'd love to see some pics of this alto, thanks!
M.

Thanks Rhys, I saw that but seems a bit expensive and the auction is not over!

Thomas, I thought I knew all of the stencils in the world! I'd love to see some pics of this alto, thanks!
M.

Als keep your eyes peeled for another stencil, Astro. I've got one and it's a Yani A6, better than an A500. Fabulous sax.
o
Thomas' sax looks good, at a decent prce. Factor in £60 for a light service and you've got a great sax for the price of a student model.

Thanks for the info Jon!
And thanks for the pics Thomas: it does look in very good condition, let me have a think... when the wife's not watching!
Are all those saxes yours? You do like Martins, for a whiel I ended up with 3 Searchlight Altos and 3 Searchlight Tenors: loved them all (better than a SP The martin tenor I had!).
I'll let you know! Regards, Manlio

Yes, all the saxes are mine except the Dolnets which I sold. I like Martin saxes and I have six saxes that I keep in good playing condition. I prefer "The Martin ...." saxes. Better ergonomics and a more contemporary feeling compared to my HC/Comm I and Comm II. But my older Martins have nickelsilver (solid) keys.

Thomas

The Martins from late -80' and early 90's were mad by Yanagisawa. It's the 800 serie. They sax that Yanagisawa did the bodies to King Super 20's. Before UMIs ownership of the King brand? I don't know if this is true.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom