support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

FOUND Wanted - Yamaha YBS-62 Baritone Saxophone Neck

nigeld

Too many mouthpieces
Café Supporter
Locality
Bristol, UK
Price of Item
£80 - £180
I’m looking for a Yamaha YBS-62 bari sax neck.
Price will depend on age and beauty!

Are you troubled by mouthpiece bore size variations?

This has been a problem, but that's not the reason.

I have a Yamaha YBS-32 bari sax. Yesterday I tried out a YBS-62. There didn't seem to be any noticeable difference playing loud, but the 62 made a prettier, clearer sound when played softly. Then I tried the 62 neck on my 32, and there was a definite improvement - the neck seemed to be making most of the difference. We compared the two necks, and couldn't see any difference other than that the 62 neck had a brass ring on the end (klangbogen effect?). But it definitely sounded better, so I would like to get one - upgrading the neck will be cheaper than upgrading the whole saxophone.

Windcraft / Dawkes offer them new for £214.80.

Yamaha

Rhys

Dawkes don't have them in stock as far as I can tell.
Headwind in Bristol are finding out if they can get one or two from the dealer for me to try.
But I thought I would see if anyone has a spare one. (A long shot, I know.)

I took the simpler option and bought a new bari sax. :)
@Jeanette - please could you remove this thread from the yardsale.

Back
Top Bottom